order limit?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
bigred

order limit?

Post by bigred »

What do you guys think of the lower spending limits imposed by Simonart, (Simons).? :x They've put a £300 limit on my account, is this normal, or am I a special case :oops:. This means that if I put in an order it has to be for at least £300. Grrrrrr!
Gerry.
absolute framing
Organisation: Absolute Framing
Interests: Reading the Lion Catalogue

Post by absolute framing »

Hi Gerry,

£300 seems quite high €450.
Is that to get free delivery?
I get a lot of my ancillery products from Lion (UK), like everst paints, conservation tapes, conservation art-bak, acid free foam boards, you get my drift.
I normally order £200 + at a time and get free delivery.
In a way i understand minimum orders, especially when the stuff has to come over the pond!
There are plenty of other ''local" suppliers, who wouldnt have a minimum order charge.

On another point, its a good idea!
I dont like to see hobby framers who only spend a few £100 a year getting the same pricing/service as us full time professionals.
I'm sure i've just insulted a load of people :evil:

Stephen
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Re: order limit?

Post by Moglet »

bigred wrote: ....They've put a £300 limit on my account, is this normal, or am I a special case :oops:. This means that if I put in an order it has to be for at least £300. Grrrrrr!
Hi Gerry,

That sounds more like your account credit limit (i.e. the maximum amount that you can owe them at any time) is STG 300. It might be worth checking back with Simons, Gerry, and asking them:-

- What is the credit limit on your account.

- What are the settlement terms (30 days? 60 days? - look for the latter!)

- What is their minimum order value?

- What is the minimum order spend in order to qualify for free shipping? (e.g. For Arqadia it's about €250).
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Gerry,

That will be your credit limit. I use Simons as my main source for mouldings and I can't recommend them highly enough. As soon as you get your catalogue and price list, start spending some time working out where the money making winners are. Some are serious money makers if you know how to make the most of them!

Quite a lot of Simons mouldings are competitively priced for profit, (your profit that is), so look for the ones which are crying out for a bigger mark-up.
bigred

Post by bigred »

Thanks a lot guys, you've been a real help as usual :)
Gerry.