Best UK mainland Delivery

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
theprint.ninja
Organisation: The Print Ninja
Interests: I fly UAV's for arial photos, I spend my time printing high resolution canvasses and museum quality prints for private individuals and corporate clients alike

Best UK mainland Delivery

Post by theprint.ninja »

After being out of the industry for a few years due to disability, I'm now back, but im not sure now who use for delivery of canvases , etc. I was going to use DPD but found that and artwork comes under not allowed, and the Royal Mail are too expensive. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a 2-3 day courier?

Thank you.
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Re: Best UK mainland Delivery

Post by GeoSpectrum »

I think the various couriers are all much the same. I've been using Hermes for a while and despite a bad reputation they seem ok. I've also been using Parcel Force for bigger consignments and hand no significant problems. I also use the Royal Mail buisnes account (OBA) which makes things cheaper up to a media U.K. Parcel (610x460x460) max.

I normally declare my Frames as picture frame (no glass) which hasn't caused any problems on the odd occasion I get damage in transit. My damage rate is %0.3 so I don't really worry about it, but I do pack things well and rarely send glass, but I do send some fairly large frames.

I hope that helps.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

we use myHermes as well, never had any damage with them, had loads with FedEx :head:
only thing MyHermes, is that they surcharge for some parts of Scotland, such as the Islands, it's not on their website, but only shows up when you get a quote , so you will have to build that into your pricing
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

I was talking to Nick at Mid Wales Freight who is a high end courier(charged by the mile!!).
He thought the most reliable was Ups and another which I can't remember... :Slap:
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer