Pricing

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
jay

Pricing

Post by jay »

Hi everyone. Is there anyone else working today that has time to give me a wee price check? Last job of 2019 for me today is cutting 10 book type window mounts, hinging photographs on to back mountboard, both Daler Conservation board. Size is 22" x 18" (approx. 56cm x 46cm) so quite wasteful. Photographer is balking at my price, but probably coz it's for a non selling exhibition, so he won't recoup any of his costs (not my problem!) Have just had a run of jobs turn awkward, and I seem to have lost all perspective..... bring on "wine time"!! Thanks in advance.... Hope you all enjoy the festive period, and well earned rest. :party: :beer:
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Re: Pricing

Post by pramsay13 »

I would be £16 for each one, so £160 for the lot.

You will only get 2 pieces from a sheet of mountboard, so that is why it is quite expensive. If it was slightly smaller, enough to get 4 pieces from a sheet it would make it quite a bit cheaper so I would normally have that conversation with the customer beforehand.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I think Peter is near the mark at £16.00 each, I might be nearer £20.00 each, but I finished up on Friday, so do not have my pricing program at hand. I told somebody when they asked for a discount, "I don't give discounts in December," :giggle:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
jay

Post by jay »

Pramsay13 Thank you for your reply! I realised I made a mistake. When I checked price on Estlite as I had it set to Jumbo board. :Slap: I'm soooo ready for a break!
jay

Post by jay »

Steve N This time £16.... next time £20!! :wink:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Steve N wrote: Tue 24 Dec, 2019 11:31 am "I don't give discounts in December," :giggle:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
prospero

Post by prospero »

I hate it when folks try to haggle you down. If they don't want to pay the price - fine. But if they want a 'discount'
then what they are really implying is that you are overcharging. Naked Profiteering!!! :evil:

There is the old old story....

"Mr. Wothisname down the road used to do them for half that price". :o

"Well why don't you go to him?" :)

"Oh he's closed down...." :cry:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About