pricing for photographs

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
greenfields

pricing for photographs

Post by greenfields »

hi i have to price for 35 photos 16by20 without a mount the photographer has got his own mts they are 2ins around the picture

the frame +glass+backingboard+pinning=

the frame is priced at 69 pence a foot what would i charge for this work
zanart

Post by zanart »

Bespoke Moulding at around £2 - £2.50 per meter would be £30.00 each including glass, backing & hanging fixtures. You could also charge for fitting & barrier board if required.
fionnuala
Organisation: Vereker Picture Framing
Interests: Dogs, Books, Cinema

Post by fionnuala »

hi greenfields!

based on a 20 x 16 moulding, costing €2.00 a meter nett.
we would charge €32.00 roughly per frame.
includes glass, backing etc. no mount.

we would prob give some kind of discount for the whole 35 frames.

as i said before somewhere on this forum, i'm not sure what kind of a guide this is to you, as i think personally, we are a tad too cheap. :(

fionnuala :)
prospero

Post by prospero »

Interesting when you get a job like this to do a bit of time&motion study. :wink:

Work out in advance just how much in the way of materials you expect to use. Then at the end, note just how much you actually consumed in doing the job. Any offcuts of moulding/glass/board count as waste. Don't forget the sundries. You might be suprised at the outcome. In theory the job would need about 300ft moulding. More if it's wide. If you start with 300ft, I'm betting you use it all and then some.....

How long for the job? I'd say about a day and a half. Say 12hrs. Sounds reasonable? Keep a check on how long you actually take. :o
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

£31.58 complete with Art-Bak, barrier card, and hanging system. I would probably offer a 10% discount. This may appear low but I think it is all too easy to get carried away with the size of the order and you end up doing the job for an unrealistic sum.

If you know the final selling price for the pictures it may help. For example if my collegue sells an original watercolour for say £700 then I have no problem charging the full price for the frame.

fionnuala - I thought I was cheap.... :wink:
Pat
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

if the overall size of the frame is 16 x 20 inches it would be £48.30 Each using a £2.45 per metre moulding - standard 2mm float and Conservation Art Bak - ready to hang and with hooks for the walls.

if they were allowing for an additional mount with 2 inch borders all the way around (24 x 20 inch frame size) it would be £60.50 Each..

possibly a discount for volume, depending on how nice the customer is.
fionnuala
Organisation: Vereker Picture Framing
Interests: Dogs, Books, Cinema

Post by fionnuala »

Ah but Pat I didn't say mine was Conservation standard!! Still think i'm cheaper than you??? :wink: :wink:
absolute framing
Organisation: Absolute Framing
Interests: Reading the Lion Catalogue

Post by absolute framing »

54 euro each

10% discount for bulk
Stephen Strahan