Morso F Guillotines Prices

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Garnel

Morso F Guillotines Prices

Post by Garnel »

Hi

I am new to this forum. For a couple of years I have been trying to do picture framing, but had given up because of the Mitres. Anyway now I have got permission from my wife to buy a Morso Guillotine.

I have been to a few sites and actually visited a supplier today who presaded me that new was best. However his price of £1250 seems steep.
Does anyone know where I can get a better price from?

Many Thanks

Gary Nelson
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

You have not given your location, however this should be relevant: -

The Morso is a very robust machine. They last forever. I would have no hesitation in buying second hand. Expect to pay £500 - £600 for a good one.

Just checked www.eBay.co.uk, there are four Morso's for sale.
Garnel

Post by Garnel »

Hi John

Thanks for the welcome. I've updated my profile, as you can see I live in the NE of Emgland.
Yes I've checked out ebay, and two of the morso are nearby. Its just that the guy trying to sell me a new one, showed two second hand one morso. Each of which had a gap which he said could produce diffenent cuts. As its the angeles that have been annoying me I did not want to gamble on second hand.
So I would like to buy new at the cheapest price. Lion seemed to be competetive, at £1220. Howver would like to pay nearer the grand mark.

Best Regards

Gary
markw

Post by markw »

In my workshop I upgrade all machinery on a fairly regular cycle - it wears out and I need reliable kit. The exception to this rule is my Morso - it needs the blades sharpening occasionaly and some oil. The Morso was second hand when purchased and has given me 20 years of faultless service - it was at least 20 years old when purchased. The fact that the person selling the second hand Morso's has doubts about there ability to cut good angles just highlights to me that he doesnt know what hes talking about - keep looking - you will no doubt find a framer who is closing down or retiring - his (or hers) Morso will have been looked after and will give you as good a cut as a new one - it will just run a little more smoothly having taken a few years to run in.

Few points to look for:

No rust - make sure its been kept in a nice dry atmosphere - and well oiled.
spare set of blades - both sets should be very sharp - no damage to the cutting edge (new set of blades is about £120)

easy movement on all moving parts.

You should find some postings on this site about Morso maintenance.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

All parts for all Morso ever made are still available……if you need a manual for a second hand machine email Morso (Dan List) with the serial number and they will send you a copy to match the machine you have…

http://www.morso-guillotines.dk/

Good luck

Dermot
jeyelle

Re Morso

Post by jeyelle »

Hi There

Not sure where you are located in the NE, but I am in West Yorkshire and if still interested may be able to help you out........
My email is jeremys@blueyonder.co.uk if you wish to contact me direct

Other than that may also be worth placing an ad in your local paper. I did the same and ended up with about 5 on offer........

All The Best

Jeremy