Does your business have a Facebook profile/page?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
KAYMOUNTING
Organisation: Finsbury Park
Interests: Diasec

Does your business have a Facebook profile/page?

Post by KAYMOUNTING »

Hi All
We just launched on Facebook recently. http://www.facebook.com/pages/KAYMOUNTI ... 9745428108 The idea is to make it a more interactive off-shoot of our website.

We're slowly growing our collection of friends and it seems to be doing as we intended!
Is your business on Facebook? Do you have a Blog? Are you on Twitter too?

We'd be very interested to hear your views on these social networking sites :)
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Re: Does your business have a Facebook profile/page?

Post by Tim »

My business WILL have Facebook / Twitter / Blog etc once we have the website up and running. That should, all being well, happen in the next couple of weeks. I use Facebook personally, as do many of my customers, so it's an easy way of keeping in touch/ informing them of upcoming promotions etc. I haven't as yet had any new customers tell me they saw me on facebook or read a tweet though, but it's early days yet for me. Hope it works out for you.
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
KAYMOUNTING

Post by KAYMOUNTING »

Hi Tim
I've had two new clients in through our Facebook page so far.
I'm not over-sold on the idea of using twitter or a blog though, as I feel that Facebook has the flexibility to encompass the functions that they both provide. I'm also thinking about the time spent updating four sites as opposed to two! Hopefully my logic here will work positively :)

Patrick
framemaker

Post by framemaker »

Hi Patrick,

enjoyed looking at your new website, I think your idea of facebook as an interactive extension of your website sums these social networking sites up well. I think they can be very useful for businesses, and will be become more important in the future.

I am not really a fan of twitter, tried it briefly and found it a little annoying! I think facebook is a more valid option for businesses like ours. Another factor is that I can't even find time to update and add all the content I have planned for my website (there is lots in mind!), so updating more than a couple of sites would be difficult.

I started my blog in February, really out of personal interest and as an on going record of work I do, this is mainly intended for family and friends to see what Ive been upto, but if it should bring any business then thats a bonus. But I would agree that from a business point of view, facebook is the way to go.

Richard
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

facebook - be very careful - i really cannot see the advantage - read the press recently.

word of mouth is much better.

am i old hat? if you say YES - i just hope you don't live to regret.
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
KAYMOUNTING

Post by KAYMOUNTING »

Hi Richard
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at our website. I looked at your blog too and I CAN see the advantage.
I think that the update factor could curb my good intentions, however... you've made me question whether I should
dismiss a blog entirely. I'll mull it over for a while...

Hi Mikey
Each to their own I suppose... Facebook will do the business no harm though. I've had my own personal facebook
page for a number of years and I have always been very thorough with my own personal security settings and what
I actually post, so any lapse in security will not effect the business or myself. It is a great tool for keeping in touch
and letting people know what you are up to.

You are right though, word of mouth is very effective and possibly the best advertisement you can have. Certainly
not "old hat" we get a lot of business through word of mouth and people viewing our Diasec images at exhibitions.

Patrick
KAYMOUNTING

Post by KAYMOUNTING »

One year down the line since we started this post. How have the website & Facebook page performed?
The Website has had a LOT of positive feedback from our clients new & old. The fact that we are constantly updating it too encourages them to make regular visits they say.

The Facebook profile has been encouraging too with 94 "likes" so far and growing. It's a great tool to show a different side of the company's personality, so much so, that this last week we launched on Twitter & Linkedin too!

We decided that twitter could be a little more casual and catch the non-facebookers, whilst Linkedin is the networking site for professionals some of whom, may not use either of the other two sites. These will probably take a little while to grow but aren't too time consuming to update on a regular basis, so the results can only be positive.

All in all they make us more accessible alongside Yell.com & Google Adwords. Follow the links below & let us know what you think :-)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KAYMOUNTI ... 9745428108

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaymounting

http://www.linkedin.com/company/kay-mou ... asec---uk-
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Post by Gesso&Bole »

We do the blog, and facebook and twitter.

We get a large proportion of our work through social media. I would say that most business is driven by Twitter, as this is used to push people to the blog and to facebook.
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
KAYMOUNTING

Post by KAYMOUNTING »

Your reply Jim is encouraging and certainly backs up our experience. Wished we'd launched Twitter & Linkedin at the same time as Facebook & not left it 12 months!