Man with a Van ?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Re: Man with a Van ?

Post by Framerpicture »

Graysalchemy wrote: Having said that their was a burger van (it didn't sell burgers :giggle: :giggle: ) kitted out to cut mounts with a mini wizard cmc on Minehead market this summer, he was doing a cracking trade, fair played to them.
If you find yourself in Minehead again do call in and see us!
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

What a great idea that is. Bob at trucut has said that they can chop my alpha down if I want :). Had a great Holiday in porlock, you would have probably clocked me as I was acting like any framer on holiday looking at the four corners of the mounts :) however your lettering had more than four corners so I must have been very suspicious. Love Minehead. Sorry I called your emporium a burger van .

Cheers

AG
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Last year we invested in a new van with our logo etc on it and a CMC. Both have made a difference to our business. Our van is a Volkswagen Transporter with 2 rows of seats so we use it as our family vehicle as well as the work vehicle. The extra seats come out if we need to use the space.

Before we had the van, we had our information on the back screen of our car - this did bring in new business when people saw the car out and about, in fact a lot of customers still feel the need to tell us where we live because they have clocked the car and now the van!

I would say the best investment would be a CMC - it saves hours of time over the week and gives you so much more to offer your customers. Hold off getting the van at the moment, but do put some lettering on your car. It can be permanent or the magnetic type that can be removed, either will get you noticed. We found that people notice it when they need a framing job because it prompts their memory. Always keep some info leaflets or cards handy as well because you will get asked about framing when you are out and about (supermarket car parks especially!).

The van has proved itself very, very useful when delivering large framing jobs and customers appreciate it when you can offer the service, but it isn't that often so a CMC would still be the first thing to get.

The only thing you have to remember if you do signwrite a van or car is that a) you need to keep it clean and tidy because you are advertising 24/7 and b) you have to be become the most considerate driver on the planet, because they all know who you are and how to contact you!

Tudor Rose
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Framerpicture

Post by Framerpicture »

Graysalchemy wrote:What a great idea that is. Bob at trucut has said that they can chop my alpha down if I want :). Had a great Holiday in porlock, you would have probably clocked me as I was acting like any framer on holiday looking at the four corners of the mounts :) however your lettering had more than four corners so I must have been very suspicious. Love Minehead. Sorry I called your emporium a burger van .

Cheers

AG
I don't have a burger van on Minehead Market! but do have a gallery in Minehead and also one next to the Church in Porlock!
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I remember it well, I was as I said before the bloke who was looking at the four corners of your mounts :giggle: You can always spot a framer on holiday. Stayed in the cottage at the ship which was very handy (the Proper Job IPA went down a treat).
Framerpicture

Post by Framerpicture »

It may not have been me in there as I float betwwen two galleries but be good to meet up if you come down again as it sounds like we have a simalair set up to you - I have a tru cut alpha and 969 with smart stop- But I'm rather hijacking this thread!
realhotglass
Organisation: Tudor Glass - Kiln formed glass
Interests: Bushwalking, skiing, 4WDing, photography, PDR (Paintless Dent Removal)

Post by realhotglass »

Further to Tudor Roses comments . . . I have also seen a photo place advertising on their little hatch around here.
They have vinyl lettering signage, and on part on the back and each side on the rear quarter panels says 'Please take one', with an arrow pointing to blank areas.
In the blank areas they place a dozen or so little fridge magnets for passers by to take wherever the car may be parked.
Always thought what a great idea.
Regards,
Les

............Oooo
oooO.....(....)
(....)........)../
.\..(........(_/
..\_)

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

realhotglass wrote:In the blank areas they place a dozen or so little fridge magnets for passers by to take wherever the car may be parked.
Always thought what a great idea.
What a great idea ! I must learn to think outside the box .... :clap:
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Jonny2morsos wrote:I have vinyl lettering on the rear screen of my car. Business name, phone, web address.

It cost about £40.00 and has brought in enough business to easily justify the cost. I have even watched people read it get their mobile phone out and call us.
Was in Tescos today and as I went back to the car I saw a guy looking at the back of my car. As I approached the car and he realised I was the owner he asked me for a card which I duly gave him. So can look forward to his business coming in.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

Jonny2morsos wrote:Was in Tescos today and as I went back to the car I saw a guy looking at the back of my car. As I approached the car and he realised I was the owner he asked me for a card which I duly gave him. So can look forward to his business coming in.
That's a result ! Had that been me I would have shouted something like "OI !! WHAT'S YOUR GAME ?? " , things like that often happen to me .... :giggle:
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )