free google places ad

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

free google places ad

Post by Gus »

I noticed a couple of days ago my Google places ad had disappeared. Been trying to get it back, no joy so far. Then today had a call from a company saying Google are no longer placing free ads. Now have to pay Google 500 squid to be shown...... however they can het me back on for only 79squid!

Nothing on Google about withdrawing their free placing - in fact they are still advertising it.

Anyone else had problems? I know Google do have glitches from time to time and assumed this to be one. Mighty coincidence getting the call at sane time. Not good on coincidences and not inclined to believe their story.

The ,company are worldwide marketing solutions, anyone had dealings with them before, or unsolicited calls from them?
Many thanks
Gus
framemaker

Re: free google places ad

Post by framemaker »

I always Google companies like this, once you see the results, you will quickly see that you should avoid like the plague!!!
Gus
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Post by Gus »

Thanks I intend to, just wondered if they had anything to do with my ad disappearing in the first place.
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Post by Gesso&Bole »

I think you can safely assume this is a con. As well as googling, another useful method is to look up the ownership of websites at www.domaintools.com
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
Gus

Post by Gus »

Thanks, I'll ignore it and keep working on the free ad.

Many thanks.
Gus.