Facebook Competitions

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Grahame Case

Facebook Competitions

Post by Grahame Case »

Hello Chaps,

currently conducting a small foray into the world of Facebook Competitions - it is a bit of a minefield really but I'll let you know how it works out

Intitial indications are good within an hour or two i have 20 entries and lots of new Facebook Page Likes -

you can keep an eye on things at http://www.facebook.com/blackhallframinggallery

Do any of you have experience of running competitions on Facebook? would it be something you would consider?

I plan to use the email addresses taken to send them carefully targeted correspondence showcasing the new artwork we receive. Which will shortly tie in with our website and it will all be good!
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Re: Facebook Competitions

Post by birdman »

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the competition Grahame and to hear of anyone else who has used them to good effect.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

Well, as of 9 am Monday we have 54 Entries (and subsequently 54 email addresses) and 37 New Facebook Friends
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

BaBaZa
Organisation: http://www.mainlinemouldings.com
Interests: Pubs

Post by BaBaZa »

Hi Grahame

I noticed your competition on Money Savings Expert forums, did you post it or was it a customer? That site gets thousands of hits per day so I'm guessing you are getting plenty publicity from it, great idea!
Ricky @ Mainline Mouldings Ltd

Twitter #MainlinePolcore
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

Not me, i think it was someone who spotted it on Loquax - or The Prize Finder where i had posted it. compers are very good at sharing these sort of things between them - i should know, i enter lots of comps.
Framie
Organisation: Anything Framed
Interests: Custom Framing, Hand Finishes and Multi Aperture Mounts.

Post by Framie »

I did a few competitions some years ago and got way over a 1000 address and emails.

and the result was a lot of wasted time.

I did a main prize and 10 runner ups.

I used the email addresses for my monthly newsletter only and nothing in between.

After a few months I started getting angry emails asking me to remove them from the list, this can be done auto but still they emailed nasty things.

I think there signup to so much looking for freebies that they forget where they put there email address.

6 months for competitions with no results I gave up.

verdict: anybody entering competition for freebies is not going to spend £100 on custom framing.

But saying that it would be interesting to use now just to build up the facebook likes.

I wish you better luck than me.
Steve
Anything Framed
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

Hi Framie,

We were pretty sure we would never convert any of the people to custom framing. However we have a product launch on 4th July that they may be very interested in. I'll let you know how it goes when it launches.