What Perspex should I use ?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

What Perspex should I use ?

Post by Bagpuss »

I've never used Perspex before but I'm doing some Football memorabilia frames for a customer who sells them through a website.
I did a compact George Best signed shirt with photo for the customer and funny enough, the glass got broken in transit.

I know there are a number of different types but I'm looking for the Perspex equivalent of "Plain 2mm float" glass, i.e. not too flimsy but not prohibitively expensive either, any recommendations appreciated :clap:

with thanks,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Roboframer

Re: What Perspex should I use ?

Post by Roboframer »

For 'equivalent' it has to be thicker than 2mm and 3mm will still be far more flexible but OK for the size you're looking at.

Trouble with the cheapest stuff (which will still be more expensive than glass as it's made from oil and glass is made from sand) is that it scratches very easily, even with normal cleaning. There are AR (Abrasion Resistant) products that are almost as scratchproof as glass, but they cost even more.

3mm cast acrylic is my 'entry level' - couldn't tell you offhand how much it costs, but I charge about £8:50 per sq ft.