Do you have a Facebook Framing Page?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Re: Do you have a Facebook Framing Page?

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

stcstc wrote: ...a small business in a small town with loyal customers isnt going to gain particularly.

that was my point
I'm not so sure about that. Even in a small town, and a small business....

How many folks do we often run into and think that they should know about our business....but don't? How many are we surprised to find that they have simply not taken the time to walk into our doors? I believe that we need to embrace social media, change, to some degree and test the waters of all to see what is worth our time (YES, it is limited), and then utilize those tools that work.

John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
stcstc

Re: Do you have a Facebook Framing Page?

Post by stcstc »

John Ranes II, CPF, GCF wrote: I believe that we need to embrace social media, change, to some degree and test the waters of all to see what is worth our time (YES, it is limited), and then utilize those work

Yes, the important thing is choosing the ones that work, and have measurable results

Ones that done have some form of measured results, have no way of knowing if they work

Taking a leaf out of working with some of the biggest advertising agencies in Europe, you don't need to know exact figures, or even exact returns, but you need some metrics of results

And it's even more important for sme's who ave limited time and budgets

But actually what I was saying was a framer for example in a small town <20k population, where people don't travel out of the town much etc, I can see no major benefit to this framer if they have a solid market in their small town, and have an established reputation. As no media advertising or marketing is as strong as word of mouth.

Just today I shipped prints to an artist in Norway, shipping costs were 50% of the total invoice

That isn't because of any marketing, it's because her friend in ireland had stuff done with me already, otherwise why would they pay more to have it shipped across Europe instead of just getting locally, even just closer
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Re: Facebook Timeline Pages are coming...

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

As many of you know who have personal and/or business FaceBook pages, the Timeline designs take affect at the end of the month.

Facebook has some tutorials on how to make the transition. Some areas can be changed and manipulated, while others are fixed. Regardless the changes will take place even if you don't do anything....

However you may end up with a white screen for your "Cover" photo, so be proactive and find an image that you want to use and save it as a 851x315 pixel image....this way, you will control the composition and it would be grabbed at random.

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog