Anyone offer photo restoration and framing?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
yasminfrench
Organisation: PhotoWonder
Interests: Photography, art, reading, and climbing

Re: Anyone offer photo restoration and framing?

Post by yasminfrench »

IFGL wrote:I charge £60 per hour in, increments of £5 if a job takes 6 min, I would charge £10.
The trick in making enough money at this is to work quickly.
here is the last job I did It took 16 minuets so charged £20 + printing and framing.

If anyone wants any tips I'll be happy to post how I work.
We offer a trade price B2B of £20 (ex VAT) of unlimited hours work. Flat rate, includes stitching, removing scratches, rebuilding parts of the image, recompositing a scene if people need to make a new "group shot" of their friends and family. If it takes you an hour to do and effectively costs you £60 why not send it off for £20? Saves you £40 and a lot of time!
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I will bear that in mind yasmin, although 95% of the restoration jobs I do are done within 25 minutes.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Ok John, apart from the obvious things like PC spec.

Photoshop short-cuts, learn the short cuts for the things you use most like ctrl + a (select all) ctrl + c (copy) ctrl + p (paste) if it hasn't got a pre set short cut you can make one in the settings.
blotches on black and white or sepia, I would not have time to clone stamp, or heal all the blotches, scratches and marks on most of the jobs I do so....
make a black and white layer and tint it (if sepia) this will already get rid of some marks. create a new layer now working on the top layer you can use dust and scratches filter, go way to high with it and make the picture blurry, you can now lower the opacity of the layer to see the under layer.
select the eraser tool set to about 75% hardness (soft edge) and erase parts of the top layer to allow the detail of the bottom layer to come through. Experiment!
I will post more when I have more time.