Costing spreadsheet

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Ray
Organisation: raygreenphotography.co.uk
Interests: photography, fell running, squash

Costing spreadsheet

Post by Ray »

Does anybody have a template for a spreadsheet to work out costings based on materials used and size of frame? I am aware that Wessex produce one at a cost of a few hundred quid. I will have a crack at doing one although my spreadsheet (excel) skills are not brilliant. I don't mind if you prefer to private message me.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: Costing spreadsheet

Post by Jonny2morsos »

You should be able to do one in Excel fairly easily. There are plenty of books around that guide you through simple exercises which you can adapt to suit your pricing.

You should not need much more than multiplication (product) and addition (sum) to get the figures you want to charge.
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Re: Costing spreadsheet

Post by GeoSpectrum »

Before trying to make it work into a spread sheet, work it out on paper first. Once you understand the structure putting it into Excel is a bit easier and you will better understand the results as you will know what the results should be!

I spent a long time making a far too complicated spread sheet before deciding life is too short and bought a pricing program. I use the Wessex prog and find it very good.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk