WANTED Fine Art Guild Books

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
cebrooker
Organisation: Blunty's Mill B&B
Interests: Sport, signature collection, looking to start framing.

WANTED Fine Art Guild Books

Post by cebrooker »

If anyone has any Fine Art Guild books - Especially the Commended Framer Study Guide that are taking up space AND gathering dust, I would be delighted to take them off your hands for an reasonable amount of money, name your price! - If nothing else, it might stop me asking so many stupid questions!

Thanks very much

Charles
Graysalchemy

Re: WANTED Fine Art Guild Books

Post by Graysalchemy »

No question is a silly one, however I doubt the study guide will stop you asking questions silly or not, it doesn't really teach practical from what I remember.
Kenneycm
Organisation: Elite Framing
Interests: Cars, framing

Post by Kenneycm »

I have a copy of the study guide and also a couple of older practical framing books by Kenn Oberrecht, Armand Foster and Lee Bartholomew..... I would need to check on being able to provide you with the Guild study guide as I know they wouldn't be too impressed for me to pass it on.. I will check on that but I am more than happy to pass the other books on to you... no idea what to ask for them as they are fairly old publications but full of useful, practical tips.. if I remember correctly I think it was in the region of £30 I paid for them so quite prepared to accept a nominal offer for them... drop me a pm if you are interested
Kenneycm

Post by Kenneycm »

And as Graysalchemy rightly states... there is no such thing as a silly question... I have certainly asked my fair share of them over the last 20 years...... and not all of them framing related :-)
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Don't forget that with the FATG study guides they are updated periodically (from memory the notice of when they will be current to is usually on the first inside page). The more recent ones have been updated to include more on textiles etc as per the changes to the exam over the years. Older ones won't be completely irrelevant though.

We've got a whole selection of reference books of framing methods that we've acquired over the years (not looking to sell them on, sorry) and I'm always fascinated to read the contradictory opinions on how to do things and to see how methods and fashions on how to present things have changed over the years.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I think the study guide was updated a few years ago, i did have one once upon a time.

You can buy it so i wouldn't have thought there was a proplem passing it on.
Kenneycm

Post by Kenneycm »

You are quite right Tudor rose... they are regularly updated.. I am fortunate enough that I only bought the FATG Study Guide and took the exam in September although I have been framing as a hobby for over 20 years while serving in Lizzie's flying circus. Having now retired after 22 years I decided to turn my hobby into a new career and am due to open my doors to the new studio in Monday :-) well as long as I pull my finger out and get the rest of my stock moved in.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Have you contacted the Guild, I'm sure they would have some copies
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
cebrooker
Organisation: Blunty's Mill B&B
Interests: Sport, signature collection, looking to start framing.

Post by cebrooker »

Thanks for the replies folks. I am not planning on sitting the exam, I just thought it would be very useful information to help me learn.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Suggested it as useful information, rather than exam swotting. If you don't feel the need to take the exam it is still a very useful reference guide and glossary of terms. We had copies for years before we got around to doing the exam, it is just a useful thing to have around (in my opinion).
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022