Badge and buttons

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

Badge and buttons

Post by Roboframer »

Plus a cigarette card and a train ticket (encapsulated) - Christs Hospital school has it's own train station.

I could have just poked holes with an awl for the buttons but I got the CMC to cut 5x1mm apertures so I didn't have to worry about them being in line. Super sofstrand wire is passed through the buttons' loops and simply folded over. Nothing fancy - Moulding - Simons Brett 20, mount board artcare brushed silver, artcare black foam board spacers and clarity glass.
Attachments
Christs hosp 002.JPG
Christs hosp 002.JPG (121.32 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
Christs hosp 003.JPG
Christs hosp 003.JPG (240.38 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: Badge and buttons

Post by StevenG »

Pretty neat, ingenious badge work too :clap: :)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Nice job! Clever button fixing technique, very efficient use of time and no compromise on quality either.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Nice job, I bet it looks much better in the flesh, the silver card looks grey on the photograph, where as in real life it will give it some life.

It is nice to see a object framed with enough space around it, most forget to do this when framing anything but pictures.