Business / Premises / Equipment / Stock for sale

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Dave

Business / Premises / Equipment / Stock for sale

Post by Dave »

Due to personal circumstances (have decided not to work anymore) our small business is up for sale.

The shop is located in Coltishall, Norfolk. It comprises a very attractive two storey building (brick, flint and pantile) from around the 18th.Century, small yard, brick built outhouse and a prefabricated concrete garage. Most of the space is currently dedicated to the sale of art and craft items, with a public workshop area.

Equipment owned by the business consists of:

Wizard 9000 CMC
Wizard preview software and overhead camera
Foot operated Morso with 3 sets blades
Fletcher Terry 3100 wall mounted board/glass/acrylic/mdf cutter
Casesse pneumatic 299 underpinner
Bambi compressor
Dry mounting roller press.
Miscellaneous framing handtools, benches and equipment.
Various shop fittings.

Majority of framing stock is from Arqadia.

The building is valued at around the £265K mark.
Art and craft material stock is currently around the £30K mark and would be valued at point of sale at 50% retail value. At this point I would be looking to sell as a whole.

Framing stock would be valued by negotiation.

In an ideal world, I would like to sell the lot as one whole. However I have other options, i.e. I could lease the shop, sell the contents etc.

Current turnover is small, around the £45K mark, but I have operated this as my second business at only 30 hours per week, and have paid for zero advertising for the last four years. The potential is much larger. The majority of the turnover is framing. We trade solely on word of mouth and repeat business, and have a very loyal customer base.

Local competition is fairly limited currently.

This is a nice small business for a single operator wanting an instant market. It does require a buyer with access to substantial capital to purchase stock and equipment. The space available and current turnover does not make it a suitable business for several partners or members of staff. I currently employ one person for around 8 hours per week, this buys me time though and I could easily manage workload on my own.

Business rates are currently zero.

Business will close 23rd. December if I am unable to find a buyer/tenant and equipment/ stock will then be sold in the new year. So even if you are not interested as a whole lot please let me know if you are interested in any of the items and I will get back in touch.

Please email if you have any interest.

Thanks

Dave
easel
Organisation: Light White Gallery
Interests: Fine Art Photography, Unique Mount Designs

Re: Business / Premises / Equipment / Stock for sale

Post by easel »

Hi Dave

I appreciate that you will be waiting for an offer on the complete business but if circumstances change, could you let me know what price you would want for the Wizard 9000.

Cheers Mike
Dave

Re: Business / Premises / Equipment / Stock for sale

Post by Dave »

Have had a lot of interest in the Wizard, so if business doesn't sell I will put it on ebay after Christmas and update this thread when it happens.

Dave