West Country Exhibition from Simons

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
DSimons

West Country Exhibition from Simons

Post by DSimons »

D & J Simons would like to invite you to attend their West Country Exhibition at the end of this week.

We will be showing all our new 2015 range of wooden and Emafyl picture mouldings.

Plus equipment from:

Valiani CMCs, Fletcher, Alfammachine, cassese, Epson, Fuji and many more...

Representatives from Simfilm, Colourmount, Framiac software and the Fine Art Trade Guild will also be in attendance.

Details are as follows:
Sunday 4th October - 10am - 5pm
Monday 5th October - 10am - 4pm

The Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
Gloucester Road
Almondsbury
Bristol BS32 4AA

There is plenty of free parking! Please come along and join us.
Daniel Simons
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: West Country Exhibition from Simons

Post by Tudor Rose »

We will be there on the Sunday, hope to see other Forum members there.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

We are also going on the sunday.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
DSimons

Post by DSimons »

Sorry, forgot to mention that the director of Valiani will also be in attendance as well.
Daniel Simons
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Will be there Monday :clap:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

We went there on Sunday and found it to be quite an easy venue to get to. I was limited on time, so I was in and out in about 90 minutes.

Colourmont had their own representative there and I spent some very useful time with her being shown all the new additions to their range. First of all was their 3.2mm thick mountboard available in 4 colours, I think that this is a new range, but I could be wrong! Also they were promoting a new white core self adhesive mountboard which is O.K. for sticking you own paper to before cutting as mounts. I was quite impressed with their display samples of this board and it has certainly got me thinking. Before leaving the Colourmount stand I took the opportunity to get stocked up with some new swatches and selectors for my shop.

Simons had their usually mix of mouldings and machinery. Valliani have recently released a wall mounting bracket for studios with limited space. The number of new Simons mouldings which I have not already seen when their area rep Jeff Sheen comes to call was quite limited and I have already got samples of most of them, but the interesting thing was that the new additions were mainly aimed at the better quality end of the market. Many of them look quite classy and this does seem to have been a recent trend over the last few years.

I don't know how many new mouldings were on show, but here is a very brief list of the one's that I liked:

Palma range - Rectangular shape with gold, or slver edges,
5480 range - Narrow spoon with metallic edges in various colours.
Highgate range - Interesting shaped and very finely flutted in two, or was it three widths.
Provence range - Modern looking rectangular veneered mouldings.

Also the Display range which is designed for making up box frames of various sizes and colours. These mouldings are finished on all faces illiminating the need to line the internal faces.

Overall I found it was worth the effort of going and on the way home got well and truely "podged" at the Puxton Park Carvery just off the M5, which I can also recommend.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

Sounds interesting, I am hoping that next year they will have a West Country Exhibition :smirk: I think I need a passport if I travel to Bristol!
Not your average framer

Yes, I have noticed that. If you are going into Cornwall across the Tamar bridge there is no charge, but If you are leaving Cornwall across the Tamar bridge then you have to pay a toll on the bridge. Could this be a conspiracy to keep the Cornish in Cornwall?

:giggle:
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

I think it is just a ploy to encourage people to stay on the North Coast - no charges leaving this way!! :D