Software

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
christom
Organisation: Tom Bridge Photography
Interests: Framing, walking, photogrpahy, cooking

Software

Post by christom »

Hi all,
We are Chris and Tom from The Frame Factory in Cardiff and we are looking for some feedback regarding an upgrade to our pricing software. It would be unfair to say who are with at the moment but we are researching other options.
Things which are attractive in possible software upgrades are the ability to download current price lists from major suppliers (Arqadia/Mainline/Simmons etc) and more customization.
We have been looking at FramR but this software does not seem to have the ability to add several jobs to the same job-sheet/client visit and would expect us to make job-sheets for every piece of work....
Anyway, really what I'd like to ask you all is 'What do you use?'
Any feedback with regard pluses and minuses would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance
Chris & Tom
Grahame Case

Re: Software

Post by Grahame Case »

Hi Chris & Tom - I've sent you a PM
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

christom wrote: It would be unfair to say who (we) are with at the moment ....................................... 'What do you use?'

So, we are supposed to spill but you won't?
christom
Organisation: Tom Bridge Photography
Interests: Framing, walking, photogrpahy, cooking

Post by christom »

Roboframer, I was being diplomatic and didn't think it fair to disclose who we use due to the fact we are looking at changing software.
You're not 'supposed' to do anything - I was just asking for advice. If you don't want to help then don't, simple.
If, however you are really happy with your software and would like to sing it's praises then we would love to hear about it...
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

christom wrote: We have been looking at FramR but this software does not seem to have the ability to add several jobs to the same job-sheet/client visit and would expect us to make job-sheets for every piece of work....
FrameReady does consolidate multiple orders for a customer. It might be a "lost in translation" thing. A single design is a "work order". Several designs are then combined to form an "invoice". Did you note that you can save several versions of a design with prices and let the client select what they want.

Jerry
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I think he means Framiac.
markw

Post by markw »

Have you tried this guide to many of the estimating POS software available. http://www.getthepictureframing.com/gfaq/software.htm

The computer that you are using can also make a difference in the choice of software - and there is a iPad based pos on the horizon, iframer - due out in the uk soon.
There are lots of factors involved that when your looking for a new pos should be taken into account. Networking - data retrieval - stock list. You may think that emailing clients with quotes is important - inform them of work completion by text etc.
I use Estlite and have done so for many many years. it does all the above and you can put a lot of multiple jobs on one invoice easily. Its PC based and works on my surface book.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

I-framer can now be downloaded for a 30 day trial from
http://public.i-framer.com/Plans
you sign up a following the steps to subscribe.
It'd be good to have some reviews.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
i-framer

Post by i-framer »

Please remember we are not quite ready for UK.

We are gathering the price files from your suppliers, and have to make a few changes.

But not long now.

Please feel free to Skype for an online tour prior and ask as many questions as you like.

Regards
Mark