Fine Art Trade Guild : Mount Decoration Course

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Fine Art Trade Guild : Mount Decoration Course

Post by Tudor Rose »

The Fine Art Trade Guild will be holding at Mount Decoration Course on Tuesday, 21st June at the Guild office, 2 Wye House, 6 Enterprise Way, London SW18 1FZ

This workshop will concentrate on the various techniques of mount decoration aimed at providing framers with an additional skill set of using ruling pens with different paints/inks. It will also assist those preparing for the Fine Art Trade Guild’s GCF(APF) examination.

No previous experience is required.

The workshop will cover:

a short introduction to mount decoration.
equipment required and and types of media.
mount widths, proportions and arrangement of
mount decoration.
top tips.
introduction to techniques.
ruled lines, rectangular and circular/oval.
wash panels.
bevel decoration.

Dependent upon time; the technique of marbled panels and patina, and that of the transfer of patterns will be included.

A full and comprehensive set of notes will be provided for candidates. Attendees will receive 5 CPD credits (Verifiable).

Anyone wishing to book tickets can do so here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/1-day-mo ... 2020711541

For anyone unable to make that date there will be another course held at the same venue in October.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Roboframer

Re: Fine Art Trade Guild : Mount Decoration Course

Post by Roboframer »

The best way for something like this is practical experience - I also do a course, one-to-one.

John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Tudor Rose wrote:The Fine Art Trade Guild will be holding at Mount Decoration Course on Tuesday, 21st June at the Guild office, 2 Wye House, 6 Enterprise Way, London SW18 1FZ

This workshop will concentrate on the various techniques of mount decoration aimed at providing framers with an additional skill set of using ruling pens with different paints/inks. It will also assist those preparing for the Fine Art Trade Guild’s GCF(APF) examination...
Sounds like a great course for someone wanting to fine-tune existing skills or learn something new.

Just curious as to what parking is like in London near the new offices... I only visited the FATG offices once in the old location, and I would imagine that parking is difficult / expensive?

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
Ian Kenny Framing
Organisation: Ian Kenny Framing
Interests: Family

Post by Ian Kenny Framing »

Morning John
London being London, parking is indeed tight. There is both on and offstreet parking within a 5-10 minute walk of the office, and for those who don't want to drive, Wandsworth Town train station is about a 15 minute walk away. I'll try and get an indication of parking costs, and post back here.
Ian Kenny GCF(APF) Adv.
Proud Fine Art Trade Guild member: http://www.fineart.co.uk
Encouraging and promoting the best in art and framing
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Post by baughen »

The course instructions say"
Parking: There is no on-street parking directly near the Guild. We have a very enthusiastic parking warden, so it is advisable to use public transport, the pay & display on Smugglers Way or car parks at Virgin Active Smuggler’s Way, or Southside Shopping Centre Wandsworth. ". You you may guess I will be attending.
Ian Kenny Framing
Organisation: Ian Kenny Framing
Interests: Family

Post by Ian Kenny Framing »

You are quite right baughen , no on street parking directly near to the Guild office, it's around 5 minutes away, and is metered. I'm not sure about the maximum length of stay, but I'll find out. I'm sure you are going to enjoy your day though, look forward to seeing you there.
Ian Kenny GCF(APF) Adv.
Proud Fine Art Trade Guild member: http://www.fineart.co.uk
Encouraging and promoting the best in art and framing
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Apologies for my post above, I meant to put it after the same post by Tudor Rose in this thread http://theframersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14484

Mods please move or delete it (until then could I just say I offer free parking right outside my workshop LOL !)