New Toy

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Graysalchemy

New Toy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Well after nearly 3 months of waiting it has finally arrived.

Can you guess what it is yet?

Our new cassese 969.

Unfortunately by the time Neil Stout framingengineer.com arrived there was no forklift available so the very resourceful Neil had a cunning plan to build a ramp and let muggins here pull it down with a pallet truck.

The Awesome 6 point dust extraction, which works fantastically well.

Took nearly 6 hrs to install but thanks to Neil I now have a new saw to play with today.

If anyone is looking to upgrade and has the space these are definately the dogs danglies when it comes to cutting a frame.

Thanks once again to Neil Stout Framingengineer.com for his excellent service as ever, and to Joe at D&J Simons for his fantastic service in getting me this machine.

Best go and do some work to pay for it now.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: New Toy

Post by IFGL »

Looks like someone has been sweeping up the workshop :D , the saw looks awesome, I can feel the green eyed monster raising its ugly head, if it goes missing tonight, it wasn't me, honest.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Ha ha I will have my spies on the border looking out for a slow moving van in the direction of Sheffield.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Wow, that is some beastie :shock: Looks like a very smart bit of kit.

(Wish our workshop floor was that clean and tidy :giggle: )
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Chair & Master May 2019 to May 2022
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

That's a wonderful machine, best piece of framing equipment I ever bought :D and hopefully purchased before the worsening exchange rates puts the price up!
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

The workshop isn't that tidy actually bit it is large so it probably looks tidy .

It is a great but if kit though the old 939 was a good machine as well and served me well for a good number of years. But I believe in investing in machinery when you can.
i-framer

Post by i-framer »

We've had ours for nearly 10 years and its great. The only maintenance I've had to have done is the one of the suspension arms needed to be replaced as it was leaking air. Also, my air hoses have become quite brittle and have been bursting. I bought a heap of hose and replace a line each time one burst, which over the past 6 months has been about half of them now.
I know i should just take the time and replace all of them, but just don't have the time.