Hello from Orkney....Euro underpinner query

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Mark49
Organisation: Self-employed artist
Interests: Walking, learning to play the guitar

Hello from Orkney....Euro underpinner query

Post by Mark49 »

Hello.
My name is Mark Scadding from Orkney and have been an artist who does his own framing for the past 22 years. I have had my Euro underpinner for that long. I am unsure of the model number, but it is a foot operated bench mounted one. Unfortunately I have lost the manuel, but I can recognize the model on google images!. It has done me well, but recently I ran out of v wedges, bought some more from Lion but they must be the wrong ones as they keep jamming. Can anyone advise me on which ones to buy.I really hope it is the wedges at fault, and not the underpinner itself! I have stripped it down and given everything a good clean, but the wedges are still jamming so I thought I should try some others before I invest in a new underpinner.

yours sincerely, Mark.
Attachments
underpinner.jpg
underpinner.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
prospero

Re: Hello from Orkney....Euro underpinner query

Post by prospero »

Hi and Welcome Mark. :D

You are playing my tune as I have exactly the same pinner and it's older than yours. :lol:

For wedges I use Cassese Uni wedges - 10, 7 and 5mm. They work better than the original Euro ones.

The things that cause jams are mainly related to bits of dried glue in the wrong place. Avoid spraying
lubricants on the hammer channel as this will gunge things up even worse. I take the hammer out now
and then and polish it with steel wool. Other things to clean are the two little grooves where the first
wedge in the stick pushes into.

It's a simple no-frills machine but easy to work on and has always produced good results. It does have a few
funny habits, but over the years we seem to have reached an understanding. :P
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Welcome to the forum!

I have a Euro and use these from Lion https://www.lionpic.co.uk/search?q=828
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Again welcome to the forum,

I have a Cassesse CS-88 and a Euro 9001 and I use Alphamacchine universal wedges in both. I reload the empty Cassesse cartrifges with Aphamacchine wedges, because they work so well, save money and are really good wedges when using hardwoods like oak.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer