PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Music

Post by John »

It seems that, far from of the music industry being grateful to those of us who promote its wares, we are required to obtain a licence of some sort before we can play background music.

Does anyone here have any experience with this?
Do most of us play music?
Is background music good or bad?
Is there a type of music that works better than others?

I would be interested to hear your views.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

John

This is a link to the A&L Goodbody site http://www.algoodbody.ie/leisure/newsle ... 2003.asp?1 (these guys are a heavy duty legal firm in the South) the article covers the playing of music in public ie. Shops etc etc …..take note of what they have to say as I know the “Music Police” have been very active down South over the last few years and they can get quite nasty……..I’m not sure if the Irish “Music Police” are an all Ireland body but if not the requirements for you in Belfast will be very similar as the “Music Police” are untimely a World organisation something similar to the “Software Licensing” police
ImagesLen

Music Licences

Post by ImagesLen »

Check the link for the performing rights society this outlines the limitations and licences for factory\retail outlets
http://www.prs.co.uk/retail/
Underpinner
Organisation: No business
Interests: Music, painting, reading

Music

Post by Underpinner »

How many people have to enter my shop on a particular day for my use of music to amount to a public performance? Do I get a discount from the PRS for the days on which no-one comes in (about three out of five over the past few weeks)?

Underpinner.