Fletcher 2100 Mount Cutter

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Alzibiff

Fletcher 2100 Mount Cutter

Post by Alzibiff »

I have literally just purchased a "previously enjoyed" mount cutter - the Fletcher 2100 (large size!). It looks in reasonable condition and seems to have all of the bits attached which it should have. My next job will be to clean it up so that is shines and then to get to grips with the scales, stops and other functions. (And double check that there is nothing missing!)

Of course I don't have the manual or instructional video which I believe came with these things when new. I don't suppose that the instrument is so complex that using it will be impossible but does anyone have a manual which I could beg, borrow or steal? Any tips on setting it up? Recommended blades?

Thank you for any help - I am starting out slowly but surely.
Alan
FramerDave

Post by FramerDave »

Fletcher Terry's website has manuals in PDF form for all their equipment. I just took a look and the manual for the 2200, an upgrade to the 2100, is there. I'm sure if you contacted them they'd be happy to send you the one specfically for the 2100.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Lion have the original Fletcher blades…..for best results use the single edge blades…….and change them often…..they only cost a few cent€/pennies£ and you will save yourself on the aggravation and wasted mount board…

Good luck

Dermot
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Alzibiff,

As FramerDave posted, you can download the manuals of any Fletcher-Terry product directly from their website. In fact you can also order and bits and pieces directly from Fletcher, if you'd prefer not to go through an authorized distributor (stockist).

With your F-2100 (Very similar in design and function to the newer F-2200), you would have received the machine itself, two locator pins, one mat gauge (silver or gold block with small measurements used in conjunction with the locator pins), manual, video, two blade magazines, squaring arm, measuring stops (two) and clamp lifters.

If the F-2100 manual does not appear at the Fletcher-Terry website, then please feel free to Email customerservice@fletcher-terry.com to request this be sent.

I appreciate Dermot's alerting me to this posting, but I will dissagree with his recommendation on blades. :D Fletcher-Terry offers three designs in blades.....they all work. But I would recommend part no. 05-012 which is the standard, double honed, .012 blades. :idea:

Regards,

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

I will bow to John’s knowledge when it comes to Fletcher products and there use, in fact any framing products regardless of the manufacturer…..he is the man.

John is correct all blades work great ………it is just a personal thing with me for single sided blades....I have got great results with all blades……but I just prefer the single sided blades.

Thanks John for contributing
Alzibiff

Post by Alzibiff »

Thanks chaps.
I have found the manual on the Fletcher-Terry site after some diligent searching - it was buried deep!
Having spent a couple of hours looking and playing with the machine and looking at the manual, I have found that a number of small pieces have gone walkabouts - the locating pins and eccentric nut which is used to attach the squaring arm, for example.
I will make a list of the missing bits and get in touch directly with Fletcher-Terry unless Lion can supply them to me in the UK.