Framing mounted medals..

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Framing mounted medals..

Post by StevenG »

Hi

I've asked this question before but maybe someone has discovered a new method........

I've got some mounted medals in to be framed but the customer needs the option to open the frame when needed, remove the mounted medals for various reasons and then return them to the frame after.

Previously I've used 2 little screw eye type things through the mountboard and attached (screwed) into some 5mm mdf at the back and just put the pin from the mounted medals through each hole. Whilst it works it looks a little DIY. I'd prefer something a bit more refined.

Any takers? :)

Steven
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Framing mounted medals..

Post by Not your average framer »

Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: Framing mounted medals..

Post by StevenG »

Cheers Mark, I've ordered some