Dealing with sickness.

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Dealing with sickness.

Post by GeoSpectrum »

I'm a busy one man band, selling mainly online, for the past 4 days I've been stuck at home with a nasty virus which has completely floored me. I've been in communication with some customers about delays to orders and so far everyone has been accepting, with only one refund. It's the problem of being a one man bad I suppose but it's the first time I've been sick in 5 years of trading. How do others in the same situation manage it?
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
prospero

Re: Dealing with sickness.

Post by prospero »

Nature's way of telling you to have a rest. :P

I usually to get a dose of the lurgi regularly about Christmas time. Really rough for about a week, but afterwards
I always felt fitter somehow. Bit of a pain if it strikes when you are mega-busy. Cutting mounts with a drippy
nose is not the best situation. :cry:

I didn't get it this year. :clap: :ninja:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: Dealing with sickness.

Post by Tudor Rose »

We've always been fairly lucky that if one of us is sick then the other one can cover. But on the 2 occasions when both of us were sick we just stuck a note on the door, changed the answerphone message, put messages on social media and our website, and just stayed at home until we were well enough to start back to work (even if we were a bit slower than normal to start off with). It has been the same when we've had to shut suddenly for family funerals and so on. Most people are understanding that with a small business, sometimes life gets in the way and the unexpected happens. For the few that decide to be awkward about it, well there is little you can do to be honest so try not to let it get to you.

I agree with Prospero that it is nature's way of telling you to have a rest - I hope you are feeling better soon. In the meantime, if you rush back too soon then you are likely to take far longer to fully recover, so take the time you need and go back slowly and steadily once you are feeling well enough.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022