Wessex Final Straw

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
cebrooker
Organisation: Blunty's Mill B&B
Interests: Sport, signature collection, looking to start framing.

Wessex Final Straw

Post by cebrooker »

Hello all,

I am at my wits end - Every order I order from Wessex (Oldham Branch) has some sort of issue damage/no stock/wrong items sent.

The trouble is I can't seem to find any decent replacement suppliers. Most of the companies I have contacted have been pretty slow to get back in touch and I am generally finding the whole thing pretty frustrating. The trouble with living in the middle of nowhere!

Also, I like some of the Salvadori Cornici mouldings, does anyone know of any of the other suppliers in the UK?

Thanks,

Charles
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Wessex Final Straw

Post by Not your average framer »

It's not always easy to get relationships started with suppliers, mostly due to lack of communications. May I suggest that you phone up these suppliers and ask for contact details for their rep who is responsible for your part of the country, so that you can contact the rep directly. Hopefully this will get things moving.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
kuduframes
Organisation: Kudu Frames
Interests: Art, photography

Post by kuduframes »

This does not appear to be a very acceptable state of affairs and I am sure that Wessex, being a professional operation are capable of sorting it out.
Have you registered all your complaints with them?
If you haven't already done so I would arrange a meeting with the branch manager and the area sales rep, lay all the cards on the table and see what happens.
Good luck
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Post by JonathanB »

Charles -
I've just noticed from a message from Wessex that the Oldham branch has a new manager- Lauren Worsley. It may be that this would be a good opportunity to build a relationship with someone who might be seen as a 'new broom' - just a thought.
Good luck
Jonathan
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)
simoonez
Organisation: Dorset Framing
Interests: pasties

Post by simoonez »

I stopped dealing with Wessex a few years ago. I was a regular customer but they made it impossible for me to continue with them. :head:
Its just my personal dealings with them - as I know full well from running a business, some customers just don't quite end up getting the service you want them to have.

I still get pretty annoyed thinking about it though.
jon buck
Organisation: Forge Framing Studio
Interests: golf music reading drinking wine and eating fresh food

Post by jon buck »

On the upside i find the Leamington branch of Wessex very good , Chris the guy i always deal with and the rest of the gang are very helpful
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

John the manager of the Wessex Dereham branch and the rest of his team are second to none :D

I am very small fry compered to some of their bigger buying customers and yet I get excellent service from them and their regular delivery service (in their own vans) is first class.

I do believe that treating people as you wish to be treated is important when in business. Sadly, this is sometimes forgotten :(

Peter.
prospero

Post by prospero »

I'll second that. :clap:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
whitbyframer
Organisation: Whitby Picture Framing
Interests: Walking when my back allows me, photography, travel, cars, gaming on the PC

Post by whitbyframer »

I've used the Oldham branch of Wessex since I opened last December and have always found them helpful. They do occasionally run out of stock which is annoying, but having been the manager of Robinsons in the past I understand that you can't have everything in stock at all times. Wholesalers are at the whim of their suppliers as well.
Speak to Lauren, I'm sure she'll be willing to help.
yankee
Organisation: framer
Interests: picture framing golf

Post by yankee »

If you like salvadori mouldings contact nielsenbainbridge they do lots of salvadori products.theres that many suppliers they will fall over each other to get customers and offer silly prices on products.