Gapp Canvas Stretching Machine - Up to 1.2m x 1.2m Canvas

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
philm
Organisation: CanvasCrew.co.uk
Interests: Football, family, work!

Gapp Canvas Stretching Machine - Up to 1.2m x 1.2m Canvas

Post by philm »

Ideal for stretching canvas with less effort and in higher volumes! With this machine you can stretch two sides of a canvas at once and can easily complete a canvas in a minute or two. It has been used but is very clean. It will stretch up to a 50" square canvas in a very small footprint.

I am not making many canvases these days and have downsized from a retail unit to a log cabin/shed in my back garden. I have been unwell for a while so since moving my kit to my 'shed' I haven't used this stretcher machine and rather than it just sit here unused it makes sense to sell it on for someone to make good use of it (and my teenage kids want some gym equipment in there as well so I may as well make better use of the space!)

In summary:
* Air operated so just need a basic compressor to run - this sale includes a 50 litre silent Bambi compressor with wheels (worth approx £650)
* Requires a long nose stapler - I will include an Omer 64.16 long nose stapler which cost approx £300 when new
* Use on any stretcher bar depth - quickly switch between depths
* Massive increase in production speed
* No more cutting excess canvas away from corners - nice tight stretch ensures corners are nice and flat!
* Excellent condition

Some Videos Showing the same Stretcher Machines in Use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHoLM5jMbU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVXBQ44abN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZnEaGJNdV8

See more info here: https://www.canvasmaster.net/canvas-stretch-master

Here's a link to my previous sales post on this forum where I sold three a couple of years ago:
https://www.theframersforum.com/viewtop ... =7&t=14190

Dimensions wise, you would require the following amount of space, and then also a gap of around 20" or so between the machine and your bench to work in.
Length: 80"
Width: 26"
Height: 75"

At a fairly steady pace I can make 10 canvases per hour on this machine including trimming the excess canvas off the back and taping the backs of the canvas - so the whole stretching process. You can change the depth of the stretch as well, so in about 30 seconds you can switch from stretching narrow frames to deep frames. I use 18mm and 38mm bars and it's very easy to switch, you could do this with any other frame depth as well.

When relocating to my new premises, the control panel was damaged somehow and needs replacing. Other than that everything is 100% mechanically sound. I have spoken to the manufacturers in Ireland (Gapp) in the past when I had more machines and they are very helpful and would be able to supply a new control panel. I haven't checked what they would charge, but it is constructed of pretty basic parts so I was planning to rebuild it myself using parts off eBay - it is basically just an £8 plastic junction box with a couple of levers (£35 each), a pressure guage (£8) and a pressure regulator (£18) . I can buy the parts to do this off eBay for £105 which would build a completely new box and would have this working 100% fine again. I can provide full details of the parts required, it would be very easy to do. I've not done it myself as I haven't needed to use the machine, and I'm not working all that many hours at the moment due to a head injury so when I am working I need to focus on getting some work done rather than rebuild this, hence the willingness to take a lower price than what it's really worth :) You can see the control panel in one of the images below - I have just put a red box around it so you can see what it is that needs replacing.

These machines brand new cost £7800. I am looking for around £1750 (no VAT) which will include the Bambi silent compressor as pictured and the Omer long nose stapler. I also have about half a box of staples left. There is another machine like this for sale on eBay at the moment for £2750 which does not include the silent compressor or the long nose stapler!

I used to own four of these stretcher machines (I sold the other three via this forum a couple of years ago when I originally downsized). I never had any issues with any of them. It's a solid piece of kit and if the lads who helped relocate me hadn't damaged the control mechanism this would be working fine. There's literally nothing that can go wrong with them.

Due to the size of this machine it will need to be picked up by the buyer. I am based in Melton Mowbray (Leics) LE13 1AH. It is very heavy as well.

Please message me if you want any more info. Any sensible offers will be considered with/without the compressor and stapler which I would be happy to sell separately (if the stretcher machine is sold first, as they would maybe be more attractive to someone as a package)

Thanks!
Phil
1.jpg
1.jpg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (4.47 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 4869 times
Relivethatmemory
Organisation: yesterday reborn ltd
Interests: Computers, printing and playing guitar

Re: Gapp Canvas Stretching Machine - Up to 1.2m x 1.2m Canva

Post by Relivethatmemory »

Hi
Is the stretcher still for sale?
Thanks
Jeremy
philm

Post by philm »

Hi Jeremy

Yes it is at the moment, I've had a couple of people contact me but nothing concrete yet

Cheers
Phil
Yesterdayreborn
Organisation: Yesterday Reborn
Interests: Photography, printing

Post by Yesterdayreborn »

Can u send me your email address so that I can contact you

Thanks
philm

Post by philm »

Just sent you a PM :)
Yesterdayreborn

Could you send me ane mail to info@yesterdayreborn.co.uk I cant seem to open the PM!!

Thanks.

I am popping out shortly but will get back to you today.

Thanks

Jeremy
philm

Post by philm »

Hi Jeremy

I've just sent you an email :)

Thanks!
Phil
Yesterdayreborn

Hi
Have replied now!

Let me know
Thanks
philm

Post by philm »

Thanks Jeremy - just got it and have replied to you :)
philm

Post by philm »

This is now Sold
Printedspace
Organisation: Printed Space
Interests: Wallpaper printing and designing

Re: Gapp Canvas Stretching Machine - Up to 1.2m x 1.2m Canvas

Post by Printedspace »

I also have the exact same machine for sale in full working order with no issues.

Contact me if your interested, this cost over £6500 and we’re looking for £2000 for a quick sale.