Pricing software

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Pricing software

Post by Ed209 »

I currently use the Wessex pricing software that cost quite a considerable amount but due to endless problems updating it with anything but Wessex prices I have decided to try the new subscription FrameR had a few problems that have been sorted out very quickly by the developers and I think I quite like it. Just wondered if any others use it or have tried it? What appealed instantly was the comprehensive automaticity updated suppliers prices/new mouldings etc,
I know pricing software is a bit sensitive on this forum but would like to think it can be discussed fairly and unbiasedly as I have not fully committed to any particular program yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Pricing software

Post by Justintime »

In my third year of Estlite. I might be looking for something more exciting soon.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Post by GeoSpectrum »

What problems did you have with Wessex? I've used it for years without any particular problems that I can recall.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Ed209

Post by Ed209 »

When I first started I only used Wessex as a supplier the problems began when I also started using Lion who supplied the data for the WPP but the file had to be altered so the WPP would accept it and it eventually did after intervention from Lion and WPP but when the time came to update the Lion file with new prices and mouldings it will not overwrite the existing file and therefore not update the Lion part the Wessex ones are ok and the problem can not be sorted ( It has been suggested that the entire data be sent to WPP to examine the structure and sort out the conflict but I thought I would give FrameR a try first)
As stated my immediate delight with FrameR was most of the main suppliers data was there and up to date but have also began to appreciate the very different way it calculates pricing based on cost of materials, Labour/your hourly rate rather than the multiplying of material costs.
I did look at FrameR years ago in its buy yearly format and it was very expensive and did not have the Wessex data ( Wessex apparently refused to supply it) Now it’s based on a pay monthly basis and the subscription rate seems fairly structured in the more order value you take the more you pay, (a percentage of the cost of the job you price and convert to a order is taken out of your monthly subscription) So anyone wishing to trial FrameR fully for a month (unless you exceed your allowance) would be £10

Tom Chambers
Organisation: Framed By TC
Interests: Photography

Post by Tom Chambers »

As all my IT is Mac based I use iFramer, has taken a while to get used to to it, but I really like it now. Subscription based and support from them is very good. They are always looking at how they can enhance to software and so far have found it fits my needs. Also bonus is that it links direct to Xero which I use for my accounts, so saves me time in keeping track of sales and payments.

Is disappointing that other software suppliers provide window only versions, does limit competition, but iFramer being webbed does overcome that.

Just my thoughts.
james@posterhaus
Organisation: South London Framers
Interests: Framing

Post by james@posterhaus »

I used Wessex app and loved the ease of it, but also moved away as I struggled to get the CSV files to load. I’ve moved to I framer, which I’ve found (so far) great to use. We take the orders on an iPad in the shop and are slowly moving towards paperless ordering. I particularly like its email notification and link to Xero.

Like the previous comment, I picked this because it works on a Mac. But I’ve been impressed and would recommend a trial.
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Post by GeoSpectrum »

There really needs to be a straightforwad iPhone or iPad based pricing software. A downloadable app would be great.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
kuduframes
Organisation: Kudu Frames
Interests: Art, photography

Post by kuduframes »

GeoSpectrum wrote:There really needs to be a straightforwad iPhone or iPad based pricing software. A downloadable app would be great.
I use an MS Excel spreadsheet for all my pricing.
It is relatively basic and pricing is calculated purely on materials cost and mark up.
There is provision to add a specific amount to cover any odd item or extras and this can be used as a means of entering a labour cost.
All costing factors can be changed easily.

I have 2 versions of the file, 1 of which is simplified and can be used on the basic free excel app for mac or android.
I have this on my Samsung S7 phone and a more comprehensive version on a windows 10 pad at the workshop.

Basic file looks like
2019-05-06.png
2019-05-06.png (98.58 KiB) Viewed 11540 times
2019-05-06 (1).png
2019-05-06 (1).png (91.9 KiB) Viewed 11540 times
Filesize is less than 300kb and this contains both Lion and LJ current moulding pricing.

I am happy to share this if you would like to have a look. Let me have an email address and I'll send it over.
Abacus
Organisation: Abacus Picture Framing and Gallery
Interests: Picture Framing, Furniture making.

Post by Abacus »

Do you have a link to the frameR software?

I’ve googled it unsuccessfully
Ed209

Post by Ed209 »

That’s probably because I spelt it wrong.[emoji3]
https://www.framiac.com/

framefactorylondon
Organisation: The Frame Factory Limited
Interests: working!

Post by framefactorylondon »

Hi Everyone, I'm considering moving to i-Framer pricing software and wondered if anyone using it in the South East of England might allow me to come see how it works in practice. I've had the free trial, they've comprehensively answered loads of questions for me, I'm just worried... if we get the implementation wrong, the entire workshop will fall over / mutiny / impload. It would give me so much confidence seeing how another framer uses it in practice - I have a particular interest in seeing how the cutting lists are used and the system updated to show when work is complete.
Hoping someone can oblige me!
Thanks,
Daniel
Ed209

Pricing software

Post by Ed209 »

Have you tried FramR? it will cost you £9.99 to try it.
I am just trialling i-framer before I get too involved with FramR I will post on my personal conclusions between the two soon.
I’m beginning to think they are both by the same person who’s name is Mark [emoji3]
But as already stated I am liking FramR so far
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

Post by +Rafe+ »

I am in the process of trialing I-Framer. I had a look at it a while back when there wasn't much feedback on it but haven't been able to find a Mac friendly software and decided after reading this post to speak to Mark.

For what its worth, my experience so far - three days in - Mark has gone to great lengths to ensure I am finding my way around the trial software and making sure I can use it fit for my requirements. If the support so far is anything to go by I am impressed.
Justintime

Post by Justintime »

There is a thread somewhere, either here or Framers Only on Facebook, where there were some complaints about Iframer that updates are far too frequent and can occur while you're in the middle of using the software, suddenly making changes to the functions and that if bugs appeared it would revert back to previous versions without warning...just passing on what I read..
Justin George GCF(APF)
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

Post by +Rafe+ »

Thanks for that Justin, that is a very good point to consider and frankly I am happy to raise with Mark and get his input. You would expect some outages for updates but equally expect notice of when these would scheduled and it being carried out (as best as possible) during a quieter period.

I was surprised that they didn't have R&H prices but said were happy to get it sorted.
Ed209

Post by Ed209 »

I am still trialling i-framer but using Framr at the moment for running my business. one major difference is the way prices are calculated between the two as framr works on material cost + Labour + Mark up, whereas from what I can see i-framer is just multiplying material cost + mark up, please correct me if i'm wrong on that, as I have not had much time to evaluate it properly yet.
Justintime

Post by Justintime »

I asked R+H when I started if they could supply a csv file of prices for software, the answer then was no! There are new owners now, maybe they'll be a bit more inclined to help.
* I have just spoken to them and it is in the pipeline, who knows when, but they are on it apparently*
Justin George GCF(APF)
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Post by YPF »

Ed209,

I-Framer does also include a labour charge and all pricing elements are easily adjusted to suit your own requirements.

I have been using I-Framer for over 2 years now and found the support from Mark to be first class (and this is a different Mark from FramR by Framiac). All the catalogue updates are carried out for you and, yes, there are occasional blips with connectivity and updates generally conducted to suit the Australian time zones but this has never caused a major issue for me.

One of the greatest advantages is the ability to use it anywhere on any device, you just need an internet browser.
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk