dreckly
Organisation: Lamorna picture framing
Interests: pasties
cream teas
ciders

Rose and Hollis courier?

Post by dreckly »

Hi Forum
Can anyone in the South West tell me which courier delivers their Rose and Hollis orders please.
I need to chase up a moulding delivery which should have arrived yesterday.
Many thanks
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Rose and Hollis courier?

Post by Not your average framer »

Rose and hollis now use DX. They were late delivering to me too.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
dreckly
cream teas
ciders

Post by dreckly »

Thanks Mark
I'll chase them up
prospero

Post by prospero »

I had a Tuffnels delivery last week. :D
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

They have only just changed over from Tuffnells. I still like Tuffnells, I was not much impressed with DX.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
dreckly
cream teas
ciders

Post by dreckly »

My order was dispatched from Rose and Hollis on Thursday by next day courier.
I’m still waiting. Not very impressed.
Not your average framer

My order was dispatched on Thursday, for delivery on Friday. They assured me it was on the van for me on Friday and again for Tuesday. As it turned out , it was not loaded onto either van. I had a big complaining session on Tuesday and got it on Wednesday. It appears that DX is a rather under sized operation in my part of the country. My moulding order was not delivered by DX, but by a freelance guy with his own van.

Talking to DX counts for nothing, talk to Rose and Hollis instead, they have a way of interacting with the system on-line and can get things moving. It's not Rose and Hollis's fault, the problem is with DX.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
grahamdown
Organisation: The Village Framer
Interests: Photography, Mountainbiking

Post by grahamdown »

Lions now use DX and i have had the same problem with their deliveries. Plus when a visa company used them they failed to deliver on the agreed date and i had to postpone a different trip as i had no passport.
Not your average framer

So, what about those who have had good experiences with items delivered by DX?
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

No problems with them so far, sometimes turn up at 3 or 4pm but that's the joy of living at the end of the line.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Post by fusionframer »

My DX deliveries from Rose and Hollis have arrived next day at about 6.30pm. I appear to be near last delivery of the day with them compared to first with tufnells, which was often useful. But it has been next day so i can't grumble.
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
Not your average framer

Maybe they're not so bad after all. It was a bank holiday weekend that weekend, perhaps that threw a bit of a spanner in the works.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

You should get in contact with Rose & Hollister, as the courier is working for them, let R&H do the running around, you're paying them enough
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
dreckly
cream teas
ciders

Post by dreckly »

Update: Rose and Hollis replied to my email this morning they have chased it up and the courier has assured them that they will deliver to me today.
Rose and Hollis are in my experience a good company and nice to deal with.
The courier told them that it took them from Thursday afternoon until Saturday afternoon to move my ‘next day’ consignment from London to Plymouth and today they’ve sent it out on the van for delivery. I’ve got my fingers crossed rather than holding my breath.
Tom Chambers
Organisation: Framed By TC
Interests: Photography

Post by Tom Chambers »

Not your average framer wrote:So, what about those who have had good experiences with items delivered by DX?
Have to say I am about to give up using Lion if they continue to use DX, last four orders all had problems, with moulding ending up in other part of country and receiving it days late, to it getting damaged as just thrown in back of van with other items thrown on top. Lion have been good at getting replacement moulding out, but just too much of a risk with DX. About to do one final order to see if they improve if not will be going elsewhere. Have advised Lion they will lose business if they don't sort but not sure my small volumes will concern them. :head:
simoonez
Organisation: Dorset Framing

Post by simoonez »

Our dx guy is brilliant. We're not roadside, it's a good 50yd walk to the door, but he'll carry 30 sheets of mountboard and 2 big packages of moulding in one go. Never had anything late or damaged from them.
Not your average framer

My understanding I got while talking to Lion that they are still using DPD for smaller packages, but the size of packaged moulding orders are larger than the maximum package dimensions that DPD will accept for delivery. So their moulding orders have to come by another courier.

DX deliveries can be easily tracked on-line to check delivery progress, which may explain why certain suppliers have decided to use DX.

There seems to be a lot of changes a foot in the area of companies getting orders delivered to their customers at the moment. Ever now and then, I have to order stationary items for Viking and I remember their deliveries being delivered by either DHL, or UPS, but now they are delivered by Yodel and changes like this seem to happening more and more with other companies as well.

It could be that there's a bit of a shake up going on right now.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer