PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Guitar Beard
Organisation: Designs in Wood
Interests: Art, music, wood

Storing a Ultimat

Post by Guitar Beard »

Hi
I was wondering if anybody has a solution.
I am forever moving the thing around trying to find somewhere out of the way to store it (space is very tight and i normally use it on the kitchen table). Does anybody have a bracket or a "thingy" to hang it on a wall when not in use.

Many thanks
Jay
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Re: Storing a Ultimat

Post by cleaver »

Hi Jay,

I have seen them hanging in a framer's.

Personally, I'd want to have something at the base of it (like a little shelf or bracket), to take most of the mountcutter's weight. Nightmare if the long arm went out of whack - or even bolts/fixings got stressed etc.

Or how about a long, thin shelf (like a mantelpiece), on which it could lean on its long front edge....and rig up a wall fixing preventing it from toppling/getting knocked off?

Paul
Guitar Beard
Organisation: Designs in Wood
Interests: Art, music, wood

Post by Guitar Beard »

HI Paul
Thanks for your thoughts, i have the opinion also that the weight should go through the bottom. At the moment I have found a spare space behind a door where it is resting on its short edge, but laying on a piece of dense foam so that the lifting arm ? is not being put under any stress.
Jay
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

In you kitchen , do you have one of them drying racks over the table that can be lowered and pulled up, if so pop the mountcutter on top and pull up out of the way :clap: :Slap: :giggle:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Post by baughen »

I use a custom flight case to store my mountcutter when it is not on the bench. Keeps it protected. But you still need the space to store the case. The case I have has wheels on one end to make it more moveable.