Time for a break ....

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Time for a break ....

Post by Bagpuss »

Only a week or two before this all kicked off, I was feeling pretty run down and thought to myself, I could really do with shutting up for 3-4 months , clearing my backlog and recharging the batteries... Careful what you wish for ... :Slap:

I work alone from home so don't have the responsibilities and overheads of some of you, I'm also carer for my elderly Mother so she's in isolation like so many elderly relatives. I've been keeping an eye on the Forum recently and have been surprised how little the virus has been mentioned. Things have been moving very quickly that's for sure, so this week I was still getting enquiries for Framing jobs, I had to turn them down and now I'm shutting up shop for new work and will concentrate on clearing my outstanding jobs. Tomorrow I have some collections but will make sure they don't interact with other customers collecting.

I wish you all well in the difficult times ahead and do look after yourselves :clap:
Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Time for a break ....

Post by Steve N »

Wise choice Adam, especially if you are a carer, your number 1 priority is your family

See you on the other side of this,

Keep well

Steve
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

That makes a lot of sense. I hope you will be able to resume framing at a more appropriate time. Very best wishes for times ahead.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
David
Organisation: Silverstone Framing
Interests: Photography, Motor Racing, Military

Post by David »

Hi Adam, hope you get sorted OK. Feel free to get in touch if you need to vent or need a chat, it'd be good to catch up.
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Post by cleaver »

God bless, Adam.

I wish us all good health. Take care, mate.

Paul
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Post by cleaver »

I don't know whether you still look in on the forum Adam, but I hope you and your mum are keeping as well as possible.

What an awful, de-humanising, depressing year it has been....I hope you and mum are coping, mate.

My Mrs has been away for over 4 months (abroad), caring for her mum. I miss her so much, and have lost my way a bit recently.

I've been very down for a while, but something seemingly small lifted me today: I saw about 12 sparrows in our little garden earlier, flying around. It was so uplifting to see. They are so beautiful, in an ordinary British sort of way (I mean they're not exotic vivid green and red parrots). But though they are muted browns and bieges in colour, they are as beautiful as any bird to me.

As we know, they have largely disappeared in the UK, having once been so common (and taken for granted). To see one these days is always a pleasure. But to see a dozen darting around our little trees really moved me.

I know I sound like Tony Soprano with his ducks in his swimming pool. But that story line now makes perfect sense to me!

Anyway, I hope you and mum are alright, fella, and that you'll return to the forum when you are good and ready.

All the best,

Paul