Help me find the frame/supplier please

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
peterlane
Organisation: London
Interests: Frames

Help me find the frame/supplier please

Post by peterlane »

Hi there,

one of your members recommended this forum and I'm happy to be accepted. My client has 3 children and 2 of them have the same photo frames 64x52cm outside. They need same one for the third child. I googled the whole net and couldn't find this frame. I found some similar but they don't customise the size ...

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-10 at 15.07.32.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-10 at 15.07.33.jpeg
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Re: Help me find the frame/supplier please

Post by pramsay13 »

I don't recognise it. I assume there are no clues on the previous frame.
Where did the customer get the first two and can you contact them to ask?
peterlane
Organisation: London
Interests: Frames

Post by peterlane »

pramsay13 wrote: Wed 16 Dec, 2020 9:00 pm I don't recognise it. I assume there are no clues on the previous frame.
Where did the customer get the first two and can you contact them to ask?
The photographer doesn't respond. I guess not in business anymore.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I fairly sure that I have seen that particular syle of frame before, but I can't recall where, or when. I am wondering if it is one of those frames sold to photography businesses, by organisations that supply the photographic suppliers, such as photo labs and the like. I am pretty sure that I was not from one of the usually framing supplier that most of us deal with. I have a good friend who has a photography business and there was a time when he used to got ready made frames from a local photo lab, but now he gets ready made frames from mostly the Range, as the quality of some of their frames are not bad and the prices are quite a bit better. I also sometimes produce ready made frames for him when the Range does not fit what his customer is wanting.

I guess we all run into these frames which are supplied to the photography business and very often it is a dead end , when it comes to sourcing matching frames. I you know any ready made frame supplier it might be worth checking some of them out, but I'm not convinced that it's going to yield any helpful results, as it is probably like looking for a needdle in a hay stack. I have never had much luck tracing a source for frames that have come from a photographic supplier and I no longer try very hard any more. If it's not available from the normal framing suppliers, that's when I call it a day and get on with things more fruitful.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Looks like and old Emafyl moulding, here is thier website, http://www.emafyl.com/
send them the photo with size, they might know it
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Post by JonathanB »

Closest moulding in a current catalogue is Napoli from Lion - doesn't look as shiny as your image though

https://www.lionpic.co.uk/content/produ ... oimage.jpg
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)