Occupational Afflictions

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

I currently suffer mallet finger too - caused by hitting my finger with the mallet. It causes my wife no end of amusement to recall me dancing around the workshop after I hit it with considerable force. "May the force be with you", she says. :D
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
prospero

Post by prospero »

If it's not a silly question, why do you keep hitting your finger with a mallet? :roll: Can't you hit it with something softer?
birdman

Post by birdman »

Of course it's a silly question, I don't keep hitting it! Sometimes I miss :oops:
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

Try using a soft cushion. You will find it less painful. And you wife will not laugh so much.
What type of dancing do you do? I have visions of Michael Jackson or maybe Morris dancing?
birdman

Post by birdman »

If I put the cushion under my finger the mallet bounces and my finger still hurts? I think the dance was probably reminiscent of the rain dance, lots of hopping on one foot then the other and I'm sure my hand kept going up to my mouth as I made "whooping" noises.

:lol: I'm told there was the odd f.f.f.f.flipppp every now and again, as well. Oh I forgot, she who must be obeyed says apart from the dance, the bulging eyes and prayers to a higher being also made her come over all sympathetic - NOT.
Rolf Lawson GCF
My status