Cassese Underpinner Parts

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
RobP
Organisation: Garden House Picture Frames
Interests: Countrymatters

Cassese Underpinner Parts

Post by RobP »

I require a wedge hammer for a Cassese C88.

I understand that Cassese are no longer trading.

Does anyone have any contacts that may have the part I'm looking for?

Many thanks
Robert
rubyred25
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Dressmaking, Dog Walking, Family

Re: Cassese Underpinner Parts

Post by rubyred25 »

Have you tried underpinned spares?
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

There are many cassesse manual under pinner which all use the same pattern of hammer. Older models which are no longer current, are difficult to sell, so they are mostly only useful for spares. Quite a lot of the well worn out earlier models get part exchanged and sold on through the trade and get broken for spares to companies who deal in secondhand machines. There's not much call for secondhand spares, so maybe it's worth talking to some of these dealers who may have some left over bits.

Try Peter Stanlick at framers equipment in Northampton. Over the years, he's alway got me out of trouble.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
RobP
Organisation: Garden House Picture Frames
Interests: Countrymatters

Post by RobP »

Thanks Mark
Peter has got what I need.
Much appreciated
Robert
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

If everything else fails, the hammers (plunger at the end of a pneumatic cylinder) that push the nail into the wood can probably be made from a length of standard "key stock" from a machinery tool company such as this example below:

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/machi ... y-stock-5/

Cut the bar to length, square off the ends with a good file.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Two tips. I stopped using the 12mm and 15mm Cassesse wedges long ago, because the horizontal crease which they have pressed into the wedge quite often causes jams and this means that I have strip down the machine to un-jam it. I now re-load the empty wedge magazines, which seem to work better than the cassesse wedgesplus squirt a little GT85 aerosol lubricant on to both side of the wedge strip, which the alphamacchine universal wedges, I also use a little bit of Molykote grease, which Cassesse supply with all new CS-88 machines. They don't appear to tell you what to do with the molyKote, but it seems make the machine operate much smoother and much less likely to jam.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer