Would you advertise getting a CMC?

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Stop exploiting the chink in my literary armour! :P
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

:lol:
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

osgood wrote:The fact that the CMC will save you time is important to the efficiency of your business and IMHO is not something that I would promote to my customers!
Grahame Case wrote:we've veered away from advertising our new machine, instead we are advertising what we have done to improve the quality of our product over the past year...
it just seems more relevant to our existing customers, explaining the benefits to them
I think Ormand and Grahame are spot on. Advertise the end product and how you are now able to do much fancier and intricate designs than you could before.

For those customers who simply want or need a single opening, telling them you can do it with a CMC will make them think you should pass the time “saving” costs over to them with a consequent reduction in price.

Choose carefully to which customers you show your new tool.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

Not your average framer wrote:Hi Kev,

You are already preaching to the converted as I intend to get one, but could you please say why you say "you can't live without it" and why it is so essential. I for one, hope to learn from your input.

I have several reasons why I want one:

1. I have arthiritis in my hands, shoulders and neck. I struggle to cut mounts on a bad day.

2. Being able to cut "designer" fancy mounts.

3. Volume mountcutting.

4. Doesn't everyone! :D
Well.
1. Same here! (wrists, thumbs, neck, hip) FRom a previous career, and from riding sports bikes and various impacts in me "yoof" resulting from the need for speed..... :( But since getting a CMC I can ride me bike far longer distances without suffering - eg. John o groats to lands end and back a couple of years back, wheras before that 200 miles in a day had me hobbling about. Now I can do 500 in a day if I want!

All my aches and pains in me neck and shoulder vanished within a month of getting the Wizard!

2. I thought that when I got mine. But the big advantage is easy and quick multi apertures and arrays. Dont do much "fancy" :(

3. volume mount cutting - depends what you call volume, but it can be quite boring.

4 indeed!

The reason I couln't live without it is simply because of the software. So easy to work everything out and save dersigns and regular sizes.

everyone (no exaggeration) can use it competently, and learn to use it very quickly: staff can cut mounts whether they are left or right handed, and "cock-ups" with mounts are no big deal any more as it remembers the last 20 sessions (designs)automatically even if you haven't saved them.

It turns waste that would otherwise eventually get thrown out into saleable stock.

It makes life at work considerably less complicated. It really is like an extra member of staff, but it doesn't get flu ;)

It can work harder and longer than I can, it doesn't whine, moan or complain, and in all honesty I would have no worries bout running it 24/7, on many occasions we have run it 18 hours a day, for day after day with absolutely no problems at all. And it cuts as well today as it did the day Sam delivered it and set it up.

When I first got the urge to get a CMC the contenders were Gunnar, Wizard and Trucut. (I hadn't heard of valiani then, but that would certainly have been on the list too)
I went for Wizard purely because we had received outstanding service in the past on small occasional orders from Framers Corner, and we liked the company and the way they do business, and the fact that they know their machinery inside out (Charnwood). Also Framers Corner are a family run business, so we know "where they are coming from".

I can't speak highly enough of framers corner, or their service or advice. If there's a problem they will pull out all the stops to get it sorted. THis no doubt applies to all the major players in the CMC market. Thankfully problems are few and very far between.

I hope whichever CMC you get, you'll be as pleased with it as I am with mine. It'll really make all the difference to your business, and if it saves your joints... well, what price can you put on that! :D
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Bill Henry wrote:Choose carefully to which customers you show your new tool.
And no showing your peanut in public! :shock:

(sorry... temptation was too strong... :roll: )
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.