Euro Underpinner Spares

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Euro Underpinner Spares

Post by Not your average framer »

There still are quite a lot of Euro machines about and the going rate when they cone up for sale is generally not all that much. If one comes up second hand and the price is cheap enough, it may be worth buying as a back up, or as a source of spares for your existing Euro underpinner.

To be realistic, the spares availability for even the more modern underpinners, is likely to be more difficult in these difficult times of lay off's and workers needing sufficient distancing at wok. Less staff may well translate into less output and therefore less availabiliy of manufactured items.

Underpinners have plenty of moving parts, make then work and therefore more parts which are able to suffer wear and failure. If you have only the one underpinner and no availability of a back up, or spares. This could be something to think about and decide how to mitigate any future problems.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
newie31
Organisation: Frames
Interests: Caricature

Post by newie31 »

Hi all,

I know this is an old post but.....

Having moved again, I have discovered the location of my remaining hammers. If anyone is looking for a replacement I still have a few available.

PM me if interested

Mark
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Thanks for letting us know. I have two old Euro machines but have not used them since getting a Cassese. While the Cassese is more refined it doesn't have a quarter of the grunt the Euros have and I was thinking about getting one going again. I will keep your hammers in mind.

Robert