Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Telephone Numbers

Post by Merlin »

OK, I fell into the trap last February. Took on the job - £150 - for framing a number of oils for a local chap.

He gave me his local telephone number. The problem is now, we still have his oils and every other day I ring this number. It either switches immediately into 1571, meaning he is using the phone or after a number of rings switches to 1571 answerphone. Messages galore left.

I think that he gave me his internet telephone number. As he never has replied.

Question is: Can one get an address from the telephone number, if so how. I have his surname, and have phoned all the similar surnames in the book. Nobody acknowledges putting the oils for framing.

I KNOW !!!! The moral of this little saga is: Get an address on the work order.
John GCF
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Tech Support
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

I KNOW !!!! The moral of this little saga is: Get an address on the work order.
And a substantial deposit!
More So

Post by More So »

I'm not sure of the logic, but I believe that, unlike many countries such as the USA, it is not possible to do a reverse lookup of telephone numbers here. There is probably some sort of protection of privacy thing going on.

However you might be lucky just googling for the number, try various spacings "023 4567 4567", "0234 5674567", etc. (do use inverted commas). You might also try 192.com or BT, they can both do searches based on various criteria.

Good luck!
You will never get the last word on a belligerent buffoon