Moglet we miss you

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Mary Case GCF

Moglet we miss you

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Aine, the place just isn't the same without you. Hope your sick computer gets better soon and you can come out to play again
fineedge

Post by fineedge »

yeah! The Queen of Quirky Quips is Quiet
Alan
prospero

Post by prospero »

Come home Áine. :) The children are missing you. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :? (miooooow)

Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

Yeah, Àine, come on back!

Even us critters of the un-cat persuasion are sad to see you gone.

I hope it’s your computer rather than the intruder that has made you turn up missing.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Aine,

Hope you'll be back soon, we all miss you!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Well, you see, at the Spring Fair I was a bit switched on - not such a dinosaur after all - don't you know.

At the hotel Áine read out her mobile no - everyone searching for pens and paper.

I just typed it direct in to my phone and immediately rang her so she also had my No. (I'd've lost that bit of paper!)

There's snail mail too remember.

Anyway - seems the computer needs work/parts - scared to re-boot - too much data to lose.

You're always thanking us for hints tips and inspiration Áine - but I just wish I had your way with words to describe what you have brought - a line from a film comes to mind "As good as it gets' - Jack Nicholson

"You make me want to be a better person"
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Spoke with Moglet today. She is hoping to fire up the computer and be able to access the forum.

Hope it works OK.

Watch this space...
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I see her logged on - weehah!

Welcome back Áine
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Gosh! :oops:

((((((((((((((((((((((((The Forum))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Finally braved a reboot, and thankfully no Blue Screen of Death this time! I've got a backup laptop which is ok for pricing and stuff, but it's not really powerful enough for graphics processing so I need to nurse my main system as much as possible till I can get it fixed.

I have missed you all so very much! As I said before Christmas, you all mean the world to me and have made such a tremendous and marvellously positive difference to my life. This temporary (all going well!) separation is really awful. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Things are tough here at the moment: being a 40-something blow-in to a new place can be very lonely at times, I had a young lad in the gallery the week before last who from viewing the CCTV footage afterwards clearly came in with robbery in mind, and whom I caught brandishing a hammer in the workshop. Thankfully, because the only thing that occured to me was that he was snooping "off limits" I was very assertive when I confronted him, he dropped the hammer and cleared off. What could have happened only dawned on me a couple of minutes after he left the premises, and I was quite shaken by the brazenness (sp?) of his actions. It wasn't helpful to know that the bookies downstairs had been broken into two nights before...

Given that I work on my own out of sight of anyone in the street has left me feeling quite vulnerable. This is the second unpleasant incident I've had since I opened my door for business here. On the other occasion (a few months after I first opened) a bloke who was 65 if he was a day groped me, and the latest incident has brought back some of the discomfort from that. I keep trying to balance all the "uneventful" days against these two incidents, in order to keep some perspective and to reassure myself a little.

Business-wise, I'm pleased to report that my orders are up over last year: just wish the collections were keeping pace (sigh...).

So sorry that my first post in a-g-e-s is one of such doom and gloom, but the 19-out-of-21 months sleep deprivation is really taking its toll, and the fumes I've been running on are nearly spent. Doc has thankfully put me back on sleeping pills again, so please say a little prayer for Moggie that her battery's will recharge soon.

I have missed you all far more than I can articulate. Thankyou all from the depth of my heart for your wonderful gifts of friendship, kindness, and support. I cherish ye!

I sincerely hope that you all are in much better places than where I am right now, and I pray for you all to be well and safe.

Going to cheer myself up now with some rather exceptional chocolate... :wink: :)

Nil Illegitimati Carborundum!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Roboframer wrote:I see her logged on - weehah!

Welcome back Áine
See the ESP is working well, John! That's the exact word that went through my head as I logged on! And you can still get a belly-laugh out o' me! :lol: 8)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

Welcome back Áine,

We really missed you!

I hope that the negative in your life lifts very rapidly and that you get some really good sleep!

Perhaps you need to come down here and have a nice relaxing time on the beach or out in the rainforest!
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

osgood wrote:Welcome back Áine,

We really missed you!

I hope that the negative in your life lifts very rapidly and that you get some really good sleep!

Perhaps you need to come down here and have a nice relaxing time on the beach or out in the rainforest!
Hey Ormond! :D I pray that it will. And stop teasing me with the prospect of some R&R in your beautiful land. It's a lovely thought, mind you... :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

Áine,
Not teasing, just encouraging!
Here's a few pics to try to entice you:

WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Welcome back Áine.

So sorry to hear about your unpleasant visitors. Can you protect yourself by making the interior more visible to the outside world -- creative use of CCTV or something?
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

This is what she should have done to her intruder

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... cl=6787478
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
prospero

Post by prospero »

:D he's a southpaw.
markw

Post by markw »

Brilliant.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

That's the ticket, Steve! Now why didn't I think of that at the time... :evil:

Mike, things are dicey enough with my window display at the best of times. Don't think Mog TV would do me any favours... especially if any passers-by happen to be lip-reading Farscape fans...:oops: :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB