Box frame moulding supplier?

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Coxby
Organisation: Creative Picture Framing
Interests: Art

Box frame moulding supplier?

Post by Coxby »

Can anyone help me track down some deep rebated mouldings sufficient to frame items about 6"-10" deep? the usual catalogues i.e. Arqadia, A&T, D&J Simons don't have much! Thanks in advance
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Box Frames

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Coxby,

Most manufacturers sont have anything that deep in their arsenal, but this is easy solved.

Stack some mouldings on their edges to get the depth needed, preferably use other deepish rebated mouldings that are fairly thin..ish in makeup. These can be then connected together to the desired depth. A bit fiddly I know, but well worth it in the end.

What I did one time to get a 9 inch depth for an action man shaped and sized sugar icing figure, was to get an 8 x 1 (inch) plank cut and sanded very smooth and attached this to the inner reabte of the moulding I was using. Worked a treat. There are some pics on the forum somewhere, maybe John knows where they are???????

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre