MORSO Underpinner - Any advice?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Alzibiff

MORSO Underpinner - Any advice?

Post by Alzibiff »

Hello,
Can anyone pass comment on the MORSO UP-M underpinning machine in terms of quality of joints, ease of use and so on? I am adding to my small workshop and considering this small machine as a possibility. I am looking for a good quality of finish as far as frames are concerned and good quality of engineering when it comes to the machine itself.
All comments gratefully received. Alan
mick11

Post by mick11 »

There is one here on Ebay at a silly price: http://tinyurl.com/78sdh
I cant comment on how good they are though.
Mick
-----------------------------------------
The impossible I can do today,
Miracles take a little longer
---------------------------------------
Alzibiff

Post by Alzibiff »

Mick,
Most stuff on EBay is at silly prices until the final seconds of the auction, then it goes silly the "other way".

I had a hand mount cutter and rule some time ago, for sale on EBay. In excellent condition but rarely used. (This was JAKAR tackle for those who know it). Cost me in the order of £25 for the pair of them when new - I sold them for £51 + postage. In fact, I felt so bad about it, I refunded some of the money by cheque- I tried to point out to the chap, how silly he had been.

EBay can be an excellent market place but you need to be vary careful about what you can and cannot afford, what you are prepared to gamble and what items advertised on there are actually worth when in a condition which you have never seen.

I am going to see the above underpinner tonight by the way!

Alan
mick11

Post by mick11 »

Hi Alan,
Been buying and selling on there for years. (About 500 items to date)
If I see something I want, I check out the new price, then put on the max I am prepared to pay, if someone goes above that then they have it.
Have had some absolute bargains, normally at less than 1/2 new price for as new items. Best sale was 2 miniature scent bottles the wife was going to bin, turned out to be collectors items and went through the roof. Best buy was new pneumatic underpinner at 1/4 new price. Also recently bought a top of the range airbrush and compressor, in as new condition, at less than half price.
On that underpinner, if I wanted it, I would have put 1/4 the new price on as a bid, and let the other bidders sweat, if it went above that, then I would let it go.

Good luck on this one
Mick
Alzibiff

Post by Alzibiff »

Had a look - think I will pass this time!

Alan
mick11

Post by mick11 »

Hi Alan,
No good, or just not what you wanted.
Mick
Alzibiff

Post by Alzibiff »

Hi Mick, Two reasons. First of all I don't THINK that it was what I was looking for but the seller didn't really know much about it and hence I could not be sure that it had all of the bits and pieces it should have. Secondly, it looked rather neglected and to be honest somewhat mucky. Of course, it would have cleaned up and I guess that parts would be available should any be missing but, I wasn't confident enough to buy it.

Alan
mick11

Post by mick11 »

Hi Allen,

Not to worry. It finally went for a good price considering they are over £700 new
Mick