Morso allen key screws

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
bez7293

Morso allen key screws

Post by bez7293 »

Could anyobdy assist me in trying to locate some screws so I can secure the measuring rulers to my morso. When the equipment was retired a few years ago by the previous owner, the screws were lost and haven't been found since. I need ideally need four, does anybody know where I can get them?

I've attached a picture so you can see my problem.

Thanks
Paul
Attachments
DSC00759.JPG
DSC00759.JPG (53.29 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
Phill

Re: Morso allen key screws

Post by Phill »

You should beable to get them from lions. Not sure of the size but they will be metric, so you should get them from a hardware store.
Sorry can't help with the size, not in the workshop, someone on the forum will know.
Phill
Comet

Post by Comet »

Hi Paul,
I checked the studs on the morso, a 5/32 allen key fits the ones on my chopper if thats any help. :D
framejunkie
Organisation: framejunkie
Interests: 6.9%APR; 21.3%APR

Post by framejunkie »

On my Morso, and i assume they're all the same, they are

M6 bolts with a 3mm hex fitting and an unusually large head

a bike shop should be able to provide you with something similar, but maybe only with a smaller head - in which case some suitable washers should do the trick. If the bolts you get are too long you'll be needing a hacksaw and a file to shorten them.

hope this helps you put that G-clamp to another use!
bez7293

Post by bez7293 »

Thanks for the reply, but is that a bicycle or motorbike shop. The reason I ask is there is a bicycle spares/repair shop close to where I work so they might be able to help. So what would I need to be asking for exactly? M6 would be the width wouldn't it?
framejunkie
Organisation: framejunkie
Interests: 6.9%APR; 21.3%APR

Post by framejunkie »

A bicycle shop is where i would go. Not sure i've ever been in a motorbike shop, or if they would have the part in question

M6 means its a 6mm thread of a particular pitch(specific distance between the grooves) - this is the standard thread for an 6mm bolt, so shouldn't be hard to track down. The ones with the hex ends are used a lot on bicycles - there's about a dozen on my bike. I'd be amazed if your local bike repair guy hasn't got loads of them - and maybe the washers too, should you need them. The bolts on my Morso have about 10mm of thread, which is quite short, but the hole would take one up to about 15mm. It could be they only have ones longer than this . If you haven't got a hacksaw and metal file the bike guys may well have these too.

good luck :)
bez7293

Post by bez7293 »

OK then, the local bicycle shop has supplied me 4 x M6 bolts 12mm thread for £1. Hopefully they should fit correctly, I'll let you know how things go. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Paul
bez7293

Post by bez7293 »

I'm pleased to say that the screws you've suggested have worked perfectly. Thankyou very much indeed for your help, I appreciate it.

Regards
Paul