Which DVD camcorder?

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Roboframer

Which DVD camcorder?

Post by Roboframer »

OK - the first few paragraphs are framing and not geek stuff so's you know what I want this gizmo for.

I don't think my framing course idea can come off as I cannot dedicate the time for true one-to-one training without a full-timer that can also take orders, but I'm working on that.

So - after watching about six of the latest 'how to' framing DVDs by BIG name framers, and after thinking they could be improved on, and/or different subjects/techniques that were just skimmed over within them could have their own 'how to' videos - I thought maybe I could knock out a few 'how to' videos meself!

It would be fun and if it didn't come off, well, I could use a new camcorder anyway. The one I have (a digital camcorder that uses a tape cassette, and I've never ever wired it up to the PC - only transferred the cassette to video tape) cost about £600 eight years ago!

For that money these days it seems I could get a very nice one that records straight on to a disc - makes mine look worthy of a shadowbox!

So - is there one that will produce a totally edited ready-to-go film before putting the disc in to the PC - IOW all I'd have to do is burn some copies?

Failing that, which has the easiest software to edit on the PC?

Failing that - which has the best editing software? (the stepson is a geek and he owes me a lot of favours)
Keadyart
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Art,Photography,Horse racing,my Irish terrier Tara

Re: Which DVD camcorder?

Post by Keadyart »

Robo,
if any of your PC's are running Vista as the operating system,it has a nice easy editing tool built in.IMO it would be harder to do any editing on the camcorder
because the size of screen and the control buttons on camcorders nowadays,.i.e. if you were adding titles etc. it would be far easier done on your PC,plenty of freely available software.
Plenty of reasonably priced camcorders here -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/c_ ... +-+Low.htm

All the best
Brian

By the way replacement batteries are a big consideration when buying a camcorder if you want to record for longer periods,and they can be quite expensive.i.e.
my sister just bought a nice piece of kit for £250 and the longer life battery was £160.