Is it silly season today - or is it just me - Aghhhh!

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Is it silly season today - or is it just me - Aghhhh!

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi,

I've been having one of those days!

A local retired couple came in today. They've been in before, it's always memorable and this time was no exception. The lady, who is very blunt and not at all tackful, ashed me how much to frame a new, but nicely beaten up photo. She immediately told me what she thought of the price and after some careful words on my part, the lady decided she wanted a frame made with some left over moulding on special offer and a cheap mount made with a totally unsuitable "in-your-face" caribean green from the scrap box. These were duly done and off they went.

Later the husband returns and I learn that a clip frame has provided the glass and back. The glass, mount and a 4mm thick backing board are too deep for the rebate and have been glued in with "No more nails", a srew eye is fitted in the top of the frame, but while nailing the screw eye to the wall, the glass broke! Unfortunately, "No more nails" sticks to everything, it's rock hard, does not come off. I had to break the frame and the 4mm back to remove the photo, which is now in another frame and a new mount.
Who said the customer is always right?
Mark