Who's online

Site announcements
Problems/suggestions/Questions
Roboframer

Who's online

Post by Roboframer »

I click on 'who is online' now and again - you can see what people are doing/looking at, and you can also see what guests are viewing.

Tonight I saw a guest was 'viewing member profile' Is that right?

I don't mean did I see right, I mean can just anyone view a member's profile without registering?

Edit - just logged out and could not access the member list - so how come a guest could be shown as viewing a member's profile?
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: Who's online

Post by Keith Hewitt »

John ,( aka Roboframer )- I just checked who is on line and got this....

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

So does this mean that it only shows others on line, but doesn't count me?
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Who's online

Post by John »

Roboframer wrote:Tonight I saw a guest was 'viewing member profile' Is that right?
A slight anomaly there, the the who's online part of the forum does not differentiate between 'attempting' to view a profile and actually viewing the data, it merely reporting that a user is in the 'viewing member profile' area.

When guests go to view a profile, they are presented with a login box while still remaining on the viewprofile page.

It's like Joe Bloggs walking into Fort Knox. Yes, it is true, and it could be reported that Joe is in Fort Knox, but only in the reception area. He's going no further.
Keith Hewitt wrote:Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
The forum does not continuously monitor the users' activities. Instead it takes a snapshot at intervals. So what you are seeing Keith is the status that pertained at the last 'snapshot'.