Fletcher 8640 Glass and Board cutter

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
RobinC

Fletcher 8640 Glass and Board cutter

Post by RobinC »

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Fletcher wall mounted glass cutter, model no 8640. I need a replacement cutter block - this is the piece of metal that holds the glass cutter wheel and the plastic cutter blade. I have been told by Lion that the model is obselete, but I am sure that someone has a spare for this. Any ideas?

Thanks

Robin C
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Can't help you, but if you have no luck you may well have some on The Grumble, just a bit more postage.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Fletcher spare part

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Always a good idea to ask the mfg. Its in their interest to help, and most like to hear from users.
Try this e-mail address......

customerservice@fletcher-terry.com

Good luck!

Keith Hewitt
Alzibiff

Post by Alzibiff »

I agree with Keith. I have a Fletcher mount cutter 2100 model which is now obsolete. Fletcher-Terry were able to send me parts direct from the USA with no problem at all. The only downside was the cost of the "handling" imposed by the carriers in this country. They paid the VAT and import duty on my behalf and then not only passed on HM Governements charges but also charged me £20 for the service! As the total order only came to £60 or so, I considered this to be something of a rip off. I paid the VAT and import duty and gave them £10 which I considered more than adequate.

Alan
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

:D Thank you very much. I was hoping that someone would come up with the website - I had done a bit of googling but had no success. Thanks again,

Robin
DSimons

Post by DSimons »

Daniel Simons of D & J Simons here. I was just happening to read your discussion, so we have asked Fletcher if they still carry any spare parts for your machine and they do!! Do you still require the part?? If you do I will check if they have that particular one, and it may be possible to put it on a regular shipment that comes over to us and thus save you on all the handling costs. Please let me know. Many thanks.
Daniel Simons
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Daniel
Welcome to the Forum.
What a star you are for attempting to help out in such a kind way.

A bonus as well with yet another Distributor/Supplier onboard as well.

Thankyou
John GCF