I need batches of frames made . Based in Dorset

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
woodman-46
Organisation: James Frederck
Interests: Woodwork

I need batches of frames made . Based in Dorset

Post by woodman-46 »

Hello,
I am a picture framer /print seller based near Gillingham Dorset. I have been making my own frames for many years to go with the prints I sell but my back is begining to feel the strain. I am looking for someone to make largish batches of frames but for the most reasonable price possible. I make my frames using an Obeche moulding from D J Simons and have always found it a very easy moulding to cut and underpin, in fact I chomp through it in one go using my morso and achieve extremely good and clean mitres. I don't sell the framed prints for a great deal and therefore price is obviously of an issue but I understand people have to make a living. I would want the frames to be made to high quality and glued on the corners. I once had a company(that promised everything) make a batch for me which were truly appalling and so once bitten twice shy. If anyone would be interested in this and feels they could cover the above criteria I would be interested to hear from you to discuss. Thanks Jimmy
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Re: I need batches of frames made . Based in Dorset

Post by WelshFramer »

What sort of quantities are you thinking of? 10, 100, 1000, 10000 per week/month/year?
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status