Take a camera to work

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Roboframer

Take a camera to work

Post by Roboframer »

............ and post some pics of stuff you've done that you like - or don't - or whatever.

Here's a couple from this week.

Remarqued print from the artist that does/did artwwork for albumn covers for the group 'Yes' - Larson Juhl 'Confetti' stacked frame.
YES.jpg

P\apyrus float mounted with pass-through hinges - black foamboard glass spacers - moulding = Simons 'PALE 0003'
pyramids papyrus.jpg
Larson Juhl 'Ferrosa' Bronze floated frame - mount = alphamat French white with alphamat 5mm foam board spacers, which match French white perfectly.

Yates.jpg
I've shown you mine .....................
Nigel Nobody

Re: Take a camera to work

Post by Nigel Nobody »

I did two of these recently for the coach and the trainer of a local rugby league team.

Robo,
I can't post pics larger than 400 pixels high and you can. I guess I mustn't hold my mouth right when posting pics. :wink: :wink:
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Here is one I did for a wedding photographer this week. 11 apertures all with fillets! Frame moulding Arqadia 291 348 000 and the slip is also Arqadia but I can't remember the number as it is one I bought in for a job ages ago and this one used up the remains (which was useful).
11-Apertures.jpg
11-Apertures.jpg (121.88 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Is that the very very very tiny mount slip - like the thinnest one anyone does?

This one? http://www.arqadia.co.uk/commerceportal ... No=DEFAULT

If so, I use MILES of that stuff, and the antique gold version.

(Edit - sorry that link doesn't go to the moulding - just type 305011044 in to the search there)
prospero

Post by prospero »

Done four more of these......

The others had paintings of Iraq. The artist and myself wanted a different colour finish for this snowy one but the CO insisted they all match.

Good strong corners...

Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

That looks more robust than my door frames! Nice - frame - and painting. Is this from a nearby military base and do you get a lot of stuff from them?
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

[quote="Roboframer"]Is that the very very very tiny mount slip - like the thinnest one anyone does?

I think it is this one - 9425SG

The frame size is 22" x 24".

John.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Original Calligraphy invitation - Larson Juhl 'Gramercy' moulding - artcare 'sable' mount (black leather effect - you just can't see the grain here) and that tiny mount slip I was on about. Pretty basic, but it's the museum glass (Nielsen clearcolour plus UV actually, which is 'waterwhite') that makes it.

Invitation.jpg
prospero

Post by prospero »

Roboframer wrote:That looks more robust than my door frames! Nice - frame - and painting. Is this from a nearby military base and do you get a lot of stuff from them?
Nor had direct contact with the Regiment. :)

Royal Artillery.

(Somewhere in England. :wink: )
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Just completed this frame for a souvenir Ricky Hatton boxing glove to match a similar one we did for the same customer earlier in the year.
glove.jpg
glove.jpg (42.37 KiB) Viewed 6310 times
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

This one is a screen print on aluminum, of Captain America by Miss Bugs. I sinkmounted the alumininum and then used a double mount Blue over Red with a white on the outside of the red, so that when I cut the stars in the top mount, they showed white. Frame in a Wessex Frames white box frame with conservation glass.
captainamerica1.jpg
captainamerica1.jpg (22.67 KiB) Viewed 6268 times
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Jonny2morsos wrote:
Just looked it up on our database. The moulding (mount slip) is Arqadia 177 301. 10mm wide with a 6mm rebate so only 4mm of slip shows.

John.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Glad I started this - liking it!

John - looks like a coved box - is the inner mount coved too?

A couple from today .........
Needlepoint - about 42x23" - printed canvas and all the skeins of wool bought from us by one of our loyalty club members, which means, for a fiver a year, 5% off across the board (it's a big board!) and when it comes to framing needlework, if they have bought the complete works from us, we'll stretch it for free when returned for framing .... unless 5% off the whole job would make a bigger discount - rare!

That smarts a bit on something this size, especially when the customer INSISTS on the skinniest naff-est frame imaginable (not that this is naff - it's a real oak veneer - it's just wrong for this) and no glass. Sixty five quid - mad!

To the right - (name the singer). I'm not a fan of this look - (off) white mounts and black frame - it's a double mount - outer has a black core - boring but where would we be without it!

Ugh 001.jpg

To the left a (apparently) quite valuable original movie poster - double mount which is not anything like as stark as the photo makes it look - inner is artcare 'Aztec sand' and outer is 'Sandcastle' The frame is not just plain black like it looks either, but I can't remember what it actually is. TruVu CC glass anyway and artwork hinged by the book.

Ugh 002.jpg
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Post by CanvasChris »

"To the right - (name the singer). "......

Sea Sick Steve...

There is some nice framing going on here...
Canvas, Acrylic, Photographic, Fine Art Printing & Framing
http://www.prophotosolutions.co.uk
Bagel Framer

Post by Bagel Framer »

What a great posting with some great frames it has to be said - I wonder if the 'powers that be' on the forum feel a new topic coming on where we can all add our pictures, otherwise we'll reply to this post but and don't take this the wrong way - a new topic would have more clout perhaps?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

You mean a new sub-forum?

That's a good idea - 'Frame Design' or summut.
framejunkie
Organisation: framejunkie
Interests: 6.9%APR; 21.3%APR

bandwagon jumping

Post by framejunkie »

I'll add my voice to those considering a frame design section to be a good idea.

Just as soon as i can get my camera to start talking to my pc again - i think they must've fallen out. I've got some lovely shots of dead animals to share
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

CanvasChris wrote:"To the right - (name the singer). "......

Sea Sick Steve...
Correct - no big deal on this one - just that this is something I used to hate pre-CMC - double aperture double mount - total doddle now.

Karen's (our No1 employee - part of the furniture) son is second in from the right, which school does he attend and name the actor.

(Edit - DUH! I named the file with the actor's name and you can probably read his autograph! - Name the school then)
CanvasChris
Organisation: Retired Picture Framerand Printer
Interests: mountain biking & drinking beer.... not necessarily in that order!

Post by CanvasChris »

Christ's Hospital School....
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Correct again! What a place - that kid has one hell of a future in front of him.