Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
jon buck
Organisation: Forge Framing Studio
Interests: golf music reading drinking wine and eating fresh food

Hot Press on E-Bay

Post by jon buck »

B---ger just missed a Hot Press on E-Bay . I just cant get the hang of the bidding process I thought I was the highest bidder and then the last second bang I was out bid . what happened there ? Thought it was to good to be true £450 even though it was the smallest version. And you never know what the highest bid was. :head:

Jon
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Hot Press on E-Bay

Post by John »

Some people use a 'sniping' service to make a bid in the last seconds of the auction.

You can find out more about sniping here.

I would recommend that you bid only once, with the highest price that you are prepared to pay for the item. See more about eBay bidding here.
jon buck
Organisation: Forge Framing Studio
Interests: golf music reading drinking wine and eating fresh food

Post by jon buck »

Thanks John all is now clear , as they say if all else fails read the instuctions.

Jon
bilhughes
Organisation: simple signman
Interests: signs construction of sign related stuff

Post by bilhughes »

We love to have our biggest bid waiting to push the button at the last second its realy exciting. If you put a bid on early some one with auction fever just has to outbid you its like gambling and they pay more than they should
Never put a bid on untill as near to the end as you can if you want it at the best price you can get
There are plenty of sniping programmes but to me thats cheating and no were near the fun of doing on the last second
framejunkie
Organisation: framejunkie
Interests: 6.9%APR; 21.3%APR

Post by framejunkie »

I confess that I'm a sniper, although i sometimes do it manually just for fun.
There is really no point in bidding long before the end of the auction. You just give others the time to think about it and decide to bid again. Sniping services are especially useful if you know you will be busy when the auction ends.
Bid once, bid late, and bid the highest amount you are willing to pay. Sometimes you get lucky. Last night i sniped a vintage suit. I had a max bid of £22 but bought the thing for £1.20(plus about £10 postage) bargain!