PCI DSS

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

PCI DSS

Post by Merlin »

Is anybody else struggling to understand the Bank of Scotland PCI DSS requirements.

I am being charged £20.00 per month for being 'Non compliant'. Tried to log onto their Web site but need a username and password - which they supply.

The only thing we have received from them is an information pack. I telephoned the help desk to do a telephone assessment.
Hello I need to do a telephone assessment for PCI DSS.
You need to do that online....
I can not do it online because you did not send me the password. Yet you still charge me a penalty.
We charged you because you are Non compliant.
I am Non compliant because I have not received the information therefore I need to be re imbursed.
We cannot re imburse you as it is a mandatory requirement.
:head:
Doh !!!! Back to 'Hello, I need to do a telephone assessment...........

I am in the wrong job.
John GCF
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Re: PCI DSS

Post by silvercleave »

Oh so sorry unable to help in this 21st century world with all the technology but all it seems to do is create employment in call centres where they only answer the questions that ae printed on the card.
At the moment unable to undestand why edf are unable to read our leccy meter correctly, yes unable to read digits correctly, problem on going since May 08, now the obuds are investigating

The best of luck J
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Merlin wrote: Doh !!!! Back to 'Hello, I need to do a telephone assessment............
Fortunately changing banks is very easy.

The Co-Op (who pay me for banking with them) wrote to their business account holders recently suggesting they use the phone rather than their online service. There are rumours that they are waiting for a new consignment of quill pens.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
prospero

Post by prospero »

Very remenisent of the time BT cut off my E-mail and sent me an E-mail notifying me of the fact. :roll:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
griff buch
Organisation: Pheasant Framing
Interests: Looking forward to retirement
weeding; washing the dishes
Scuba diving

Post by griff buch »

Merlin wrote:Is anybody else struggling to understand the Bank of Scotland PCI DSS requirements.

It's an ongoing nightmare! Fortunately I now have a CASE NUMBER :clap: but that seems to change from time to time. Maybe thats the reason why I have now received 10 Personal Access Codes but still need a 'portal password'. Having had computer problems since mid December and then a new computer that gave up on me after a couple of weeks hasn't helped.
The girls in the call centre which is in the Rep of Ireland, are lovely and are extremly helpfull so long as they talk clearly and slowly - you know, as if they were talking to a foreigner!
What is it all about? Search me, but certainly, for paper creation, it's a winner.
For my internet store, although I have been sent PACs, I am told that the card transactions are operated by head office and can't be done by the call centre.

Hope you are now sorted, Merlin! I wish I was, although as far as I know I haven't been charged their ridiculous £20 per month yet.
The Pheasant Plucker
There's no fool like an old fool
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

All sorted now, after 6 Portal passwords and 4 usernames.

Eventually entered their website and filled in the SAQ.

Time will tell. I am still not sure why we have to pay £39 per year, to enable them to stay compliant.
John GCF