Recent basic efforts

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Recent basic efforts

Post by YPF »

Hi All,

I joined this forum some time ago to ask a question about starting up a framing business, I received some excellent advice directly from here and from members personally and for that I thank you all. I have now plucked up enough courage to show you some of my recent efforts :sweating: and all techniques used are those I have picked up from this excellent forum.
The marbles are contained in a box made from foam board lined with mount board and covered with a piece of glass before adding a double mount.
The marbles are contained in a box made from foam board lined with mount board and covered with a piece of glass before adding a double mount.
Marbles.jpg (35.29 KiB) Viewed 5452 times
These medals were awarded to a WW2 sailor and I managed to find the operational history of the ship on which he served and attached that to the back of the frame.
These medals were awarded to a WW2 sailor and I managed to find the operational history of the ship on which he served and attached that to the back of the frame.
medals.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 5453 times
A sample to demonstrate holding a golf ball without damaging it
A sample to demonstrate holding a golf ball without damaging it
golf ball.jpg (36.19 KiB) Viewed 5452 times
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Re: Recent basic efforts

Post by mikeysaling »

superb jobs - like the medals particularly - excellent!
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
framemaker

Post by framemaker »

These all look great Steve, and far from basic! :clap:
Good idea to have some interesting samples such as the golf ball to show customers.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Steve,

If this is an example of your work after recently starting up, I'm impressed.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Post by YPF »

Many thanks for your kind comments - at least I know I'm sort of doing it right. I just need a lot more of those customers now!

Steve
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk